Monitor Audio Silver 8i vs KEF Q7

A

Adele

Hi there..

I was wondering if anyone had demoed these speakers and come up with a verdict on which is best?

My budget sort of flexible - around £1000 without a sub - thinking about going for the cherry finish MJ Acoustics pro 50 in addition to this if it's really needed - my room is small, 4m by 3.7m

I'm looking for good home cinema sound (to be connected to my Denon 3802) but the fronts have also got to be really good with music as my hubby and I listen to CDs a LOT (rock/metal)

My only concern with these manufacturers packages are the rears - I'm ideally looking for something like the Mission 77ds to go high up at the rear near the ceiling...can the KEF and Monitor Audio rears work well like this? Would the Missions be really out of place if added to the KEF or MA fronts & centres?

So far thinking of demoing at either Hi Fi Corner, Loud & Clear or Sevenoaks Sound & Visison (all in Edinburgh) - anyone got any really positive things to say about any of those dealers?

Thanks in advance for any advice given,
Adele.

Does no-one at all have any opinions on how any of the kit I've mentioned will sound with the 3802?

Never mind....I'll try and find the time to get a demo organised - I'll post any thoughts I have on these two speakers on this forum. Finding it difficult to find time as I'm busy most Saturdays (most dealers are shut on a Sunday and don't seem to open late at night!)

Feeling a bit nervous about spending over a grand on speakers though! If they turn out to be rubbish, my other half will NOT be amused!!

Adele.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom