Monitor Audio Silver 6 or Mission Audio Silver 300 to go with Mission Audio Silver C350 centre

martps

I am upgrading my home cinema speakers.
I have a Denon X4700 amp. My room is about 4m x 5m.
I have upgraded my old centre speaker to a Mission Audio Silver C350.
Next are my old floorstanding front speakers - the logical choice seems to be pair of Monitor Audio Silver 300 speakers but I've seen a pair of new older Monitor Audio Silver 6 speakers at near half the price of the 300's. The specs of the silver 6's look to closely match the c350 speaker? The silver 6's are 2.5 way, the silver 300 is 3 way - will 2.5/3 way make a major difference for my room size?
Silver 6's or silver 300's - which would you go for?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
S300 should be noticeable step up. There is dedicated mid-range drivers and that model is newer generation so there is lot of changes even if it doesn´t look like that. You can google Silver 6 vs Silver 8 and people who has heard both there is clear difference between these two and the S300 is more refined version of 8s. Below is few cheaper S300 if the finish matches to your C350 and condition is acceptable.

I think there is also some air in the list price, i think one member got like 200£ out of it at Richer Sounds, but worth to call all dealers through..

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom