• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Monitor Audio Silver 100

camcroft

Distinguished Member
Hi. Has anyone used the 100s I have the RX1s from Monitor and was curios what the newer model would sound like saying that it is larger and has a different larger woofer. Any thoughts. Thanks

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
It's been a while since I've heard the RX1's, but as with every incarnation of its past to the latest replacement, the 50 speakers, the newer speaker always has a refinement that becomes noticeable once you start to living with the speaker for a short period of time.

As you are looking at moving up the range, you can be sure the speaker will sound familiar, but the extensions will be quite apparent as the 100's are quite a bit bigger in comparison using an 8" driver compared to the 6" which you find in the RX1 (which is slightly larger than what is round on the newer 50)

So spotting the differences will stand out far more than if you was to stay with the smaller 50's :)

Last edited:

camcroft

Distinguished Member
Thanks ShanePJ

camcroft

Distinguished Member
Well they have arrived today well what can I say they sound excellent placed more or less in the same position bungs in no boomy sound similar sound to the RX1s but more full bodied and as I have bought them second hand dare I say they have been run in / burned in already.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom