Quantcast

Monitor Audio Silver 100 - speaker stands

Timberr

Novice Member
Some advice please: I am due to upgrade my stereo speakers and will be demoing the MA Silver 100s amongst others. I currently have the Atacama Nexus 5i stands in situ - would these be a sufficiently stable platform for the 100s, given the somewhat larger dimensions (particularly depth)? The main columns are already filled and there are loading plates attached to the underside of the feet for extra weight.

Thank you.

Orobas

What were your original speakers please?

I only ask as the top plate on the Nexus's are not exactly... large!

you can fit a Monitor Audio Bronze 2 on a nexus ok so you "should" be fine.. just ensure you are not in an enviroment where the speakers would get nudges, knocked or moved

Last edited:

Orobas

Bronze BX2s are the current speakers.
Ah nice thats handy..

BX2 size - 350H x 185W x 255D mm
Silver 100 Size - 375H x 230W x 300D mm

Little bit wary here.... as you have an addition 45mm width and the same on depth.. i would be using blue tack or a bit of double sided tape velcro if it was me ... to ensure they stayed on especially with that additional 4kilos of weight that the Silvers weigh on top of the BX2

If you have a Richer Sounds near you.. i'd go down and just check in person as they stock the nexus and the Silver 100's just to be sure...

Timberr

Novice Member
Thank you. I took advice from my local hifi shop yesterday who advised some people do use Nexus for the S100s and use blu tac to secure them. However, they would recommend other stands in the long term.

I looked at Moseco stands as they have the option for a much larger top plate but appears the maximum weight they will handle is 7.5kg speakers and the S100s are 9.3kg each. 😕

Orobas

Thank you. I took advice from my local hifi shop yesterday who advised some people do use Nexus for the S100s and use blu tac to secure them. However, they would recommend other stands in the long term.

I looked at Moseco stands as they have the option for a much larger top plate but appears the maximum weight they will handle is 7.5kg speakers and the S100s are 9.3kg each. 😕
Have a look into the nexus top plate option first to see if that is ok for the silver 100.. if okay then you are only looking at about £20 expense. Otherwise stand wise.... you will probably be looking at the b&w stav 24 at around the £100 mark from audio t, sevenoaks and also from richer sounds

I have my Silver 100s on Nexus 6i stands and they're fine. I filled them with sand to make them a little bit more sturdy.