For Sale Monitor Audio RS8 Rosewood – Perfect Condition

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Hem, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Hem

Hem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I have for sale my absolutely mint Monitor Audio RS8 floorstanding speakers. Never driven hard these have been bi-amped using an Arcam P7 and look and sound superb.

These come from a non-smoking household, have never been in direct sunlight so have no fading and close inspection has shown no marks or blemishes. These are fully boxed in original packaging with all accessories, plinths, spikes, jumpers and port bungs.

Reason for sale I have just taken delivery of a stunning pair of Santos Rosewood PL300 so these are looking for a new home.

Looking for £375

This sale is for collection only or courier at buyers arrangement.

Thanks for looking.

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

Attached Files:

2. andy_butt

andy_butt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I may well be interested! You don't happen to have a centre to go with it per chance?

3. Hem

Hem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I do have the matching centre, unfortunately until I can source a PLC150 or suitable alternative I still need it. Also it does have some slight damage, two light scratches and a small chip in the bottom corner.

4. andy_butt

andy_butt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Regarding the slight damage the cinema gets dark enough ;)

There is a PLC 150 here in the right colour, or there is a 350 on ebay here. If it helps I'm near Coventry this weekend :p

Long shot: I could lend you a Martin Logan Encore TF to temporarily fill the void?

If we can agree a price would you be able to deliver as my parents live in Sutton and I'm not sure when I'm headed South next?

5. Hem

Hem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I've been deliberating over this and unfortunately just can't justify parting with the centre at this point. To confuse matters further I'm not 100% certain I will be keeping the Platinum's, great as they are for surround they just aren't working for me when it comes to 2 channel.

I'm going to take a look over the weekend at my options, perhaps try one of the GX range centers. Thanks for the heads up on the PLC150, I had been checking this out, as for the 350 this is the seller who my PL300 came from and there is no way I could accomodate the size of this unit without a major change around.

At this point it's still just the RS8 for sale. If you are still interested delivery to Sutton can be arranged.

6. andy_butt

andy_butt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've been having a think and as great as the speakers are, and being offered at a good price, I'm going to have to pass. I was planning on doing a re-shuffle and using all Monitor Audio RS in the cinema, but I can't really justify leaving the Martin Logan's connected to the TV in the lounge which would be a complete waste of good speakers. Good luck with the sale though!

7. Hem

Hem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Interesting developments, I've traced my issue with the PL300's to either a faulty banana plug or binding post. Problems now resolved I will definitely be keeping the Platinum's - hence I feel able to offer the RSLCR for sale if interested.

In light of the small marks as mentioned earlier I'm offering this for £100 - I will try to get some pictures in the daylight tomorrow.

Delivery within a reasonable distance can be arranged - Sutton not being a million miles away ;)

8. andy_butt

andy_butt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Happy to take at asking price with delivery to Cheam, pending pictures! Glad to hear that the Platinum probs have been resolved, I think you would have been the first person not to like them!

9. Hem

Hem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Perfect, provisionally sold to Andy pending pictures of the RSLCR.