• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Monitor Audio RS-FX Question

archer66

Established Member
Ok, I know you are all going to say what a dumb question so here goes!

I am just starting to install my AV system and I have the M A RS-FX's to fix on to the wall, now they are handed left and right when used in pairs is what it states on the box or universal when used as a individual, now what way is left and right, bearing in mind these are going on the wall behind me is the L & R as you stand looking at them or as you stand looking at the tv with your back to them?

I look forward to your replies.

richard_t

Established Member
All speaker placements are from your normal viewing position with you looking at the screen, just like the front left & right speakers are.

The left surround speaker goes to your left either behind or to the side of you as you're sat in your viewing position and the right to the right hand side.

archer66

Established Member
All speaker placements are from your normal viewing position with you looking at the screen, just like the front left & right speakers are.

The left surround speaker goes to your left either behind or to the side of you as you're sat in your viewing position and the right to the right hand side.

Hi Richard

Thanks for the reply, that is what I thought but did not want to put it all up to find I was wrong!

Did say it was a dumb question LOL

richard_t

Established Member
No worries.

No such thing as a stupid question, just stupid mistakes that you make when you don't ask the questions you should.

Enjoy your new system. :thumbsup:

archer66

Established Member
No worries.

No such thing as a stupid question, just stupid mistakes that you make when you don't ask the questions you should.

Enjoy your new system. :thumbsup:

Hi Richard

Once I get it set up hopefully I will, Moonfly is still waiting for an update since I purchased it all about 2 months ago after asking a lot of questions on here, funnily enough I have just looked at your signature and my set kit is not a lot different, I purchased the Pioneer 6090, MA RS6 fronts, RSLCR, RS-FX rears, Rel B1 sub and Onkyo 876 amp.

I will let you all know how I get on.

indus

Distinguished Member
I have a similar system to yours, I don't think you will be disappointed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom