1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Audio reveals details on new Silver RS speaker range

Discussion in 'Technology News' started by The News Bot, Feb 24, 2005.

1. The News Bot

The News Bot
    News Supplying Robot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
  2. ahin4114

ahin4114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Well from what was on display at the show this weekend, that pretty much sums it up. Not quite sure if I like the fact that the nice wood veneer on the S series is being dropped in favour of the plastic finish as used on the radius. There was something classy about a real wood finish, perhaps they could hav emade special finish an option like they do on the Golds? The sound from the RS8's was certainly consistant with the S8's, perhaps a little warmer, but without comparing them side by side I wouldn't like to say for sure.
    I still prefer my Gold 20's, so if anybody was unsure as to whether the new RS's would match the old GR's, rest assured, the GR's are still a better sounding speaker, but at a premium. Pitching these at the same prices as the old S series will make these a good buy. But if you want a real wood finish, best grab yourself a set of S's or start saving for GR's.