Monitor audio rear speakers??

W

w5moss

I'm looking to add some rear speakers to partner some monitor audio golds at the front, and am confused by the differences between some bronze B2's and rear fxi bipolar's. Budget is limited to around 200 pounds. Is anyone aware of advantages/disadvantages of the 2 speakers as a rear set?

Sorry - BFX are the rear speakers- not fx1. If anyone thinks I should be looking elsewhere for rears, I'd love to know - Thanks in advance

we have the Silver 4i/c10i series of Front/Center MA speakers and use the matching FXi di/bipole as rears.

great sound, and fit in well with the others.

regards
Gary

Originally posted by w5moss
I'm looking to add some rear speakers to partner some monitor audio golds at the front, and am confused by the differences between some bronze B2's and rear fxi bipolar's. Budget is limited to around 200 pounds.

Haven't heard the bronze rears and not up on spec differences but I did audition the silvers FXis and the gold GRFX's. To be honest, there wasn't an awful lot of difference between the two (especially on movies) as the rears shouldn't be that noticeable anyway - the golds having slightly more weight (as in bass and mid tones). I did however plump for the golds for two reasons:

1. I may dabble with DVD audio at some point and understand it is more important to tonally match all the speakers,

2. I am a big tart with low self esteem and it would bother me not to have the top of the range speakers. I would always be thinking that I am missing out on something and looking for the next upgrade. ;)

One last thing is that £200 wouldn't buy you silvers as I recall, so unless you are thinking second hand, you may have to increase your budget. I think I bought mine from Hifi Bitz and managed to get pretty good discounts on my Gold speakers. Funnily enough, they don't advertise them or their prices on their website but if you phone them, they should be able to get them.

Happy hunting

simon

The Bfx rears should not be as expensive as £400.As brand new in Sevenoaks the Sfx's were only £450.
But shop around,I bought my Sfx rears for only £250, because there was a slight knock to one of them, but you cannot see it with the grill on the front, so it makes no difference to me at all.So ring a few places up that sell them and see if they have any cheap ones, you might be lucky.

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom