1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Audio Radius

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hawk234, Mar 9, 2005.

1. hawk234

hawk234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in Australia and there ain't a great range of decent hifi to choose from (and what there is is normally stupid money!). Kid's getting mobile have forced me to get rid of my Mission floorstanders and I'm looking at sub/sat packages. I know I'm going to have to compromise some sonic ability for child/wife freiness, esp as my use is 70% music (Audiolab 8000s/Marantz CD63 II KI) and 30% movies (probably going to upgrade to a Denon 2805 with Sony 725 DVD) but I'm obviously looking to minimise the impact!

I recently had a demo of MA Radius 90's, 180 and 360 package and was very impressed. The dealer doen't stock MJ so I couldn't compare the sub like many others her have but to my ear (bear in mind I've never owned a sub) the MA sounded fine.

Unfortuately the wife still thinks that the 90's are too big to be stuck on our walls :thumbsdow !! and the dealer doesn't have the 45's in the country to listen to. Has anyone got any comments in how the 45's compare with the 90's or any comments generally of the Radius range?

Thanks

2. mhuk05

mhuk05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    I remember reading a post on the forum that said the 90's were far better than the 45's.

Try a SEARCH on "monitor audio radius".

HTH

3. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I demoed the 90s (with 45 rears) yesterday. I really, really wanted to like them, but in the end they just didn't have the presence to justify the cost. Might as well settle for some WAF-friendly small sub/sats like the Orbs. Irritatingly, for me, there's no substitute for speakers that can move a decent bit of air...