Monitor Audio Radius One Soundbar instead of dedicated Left, Right and Centre speakers

T-Rex

Standard Member
Hi.
I am looking at buying my first surround sound speakers set and AV Receiver. Because my screen is in the corner of our lounge (and cannot be moved to another position), I don't have much room either side for speakers so I will have to buy a smaller package such as the Q Acoustics Q7000i, and they will be roughly 10cm-15cm either side of my screen. However, I came across the Monitor Audio Radius surround speaker package that includes the One soundbar that connects to an AV Receiver. Will this be a good alternative to dedicated left, right and centre speakers? If I had the soundbar it means I can buy a bigger screen in the future as I won't have to worry about the L & R speakers. Thanks.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
The Radius one is a nice solution - I have had one for a year or so coupled with an MA 360 sub and R45 surrounds. The sound quality is good, it is well executed and very wife friendly. The only criticism you could lay at it is that the soundstage is naturally a little bit narrow - due to the proximity of the LR speakers. You get the benefit of being able to use a proper AV receiver though, and the various Audyssey settings can really bring it to life.

Now for the slightly shameless advert... If you're after a bargain, would like to try one and white is your colour I do have it listed in the classifieds for a bargain price... ;)

T-Rex

Standard Member
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I am still thinking about it and will demo some speakers so will hold off on the purchase just now!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom