Monitor Audio Radius integration into a Kef 2005.2 egg package

fuzzybee

Ex Member
Reaction score
I went into my local Sevenoakes(sheffield) on saturday and saw the finest looking speakers i have ever seen the Monitor Audio Radius range, they are simply stunning. I own a kef kHT2005.2 egg package and wondered if it's would be a good idea to integrate a Radius 225 center channel into the system and then use my egg center as a center rear and go 6.1
Has anyone done the same or have any thoughts on doing this, i may end up selling my egg package and going for a complete Radius package but that would set me back £1300, the 225 center is £200 and would look stunning under my plasma.
can anyone help an AV enthusiast who has fallen hook line and sinker for the stunnin Radius range, what do you all think :confused: :lesson: :lease:

fuzzybee said:
I own a kef kHT2005.2 egg package and wondered if it's would be a good idea to integrate a Radius 225 center channel into the system and then use my egg center as a center rear and go 6.1

It sounds a very bad idea to me as is most mix and matching of centre and main speakers. At the very least you should change all three of your front speakers to the Radius range so that you have continuity of sound

Not quite as nice looking but try the q series centre as it still seems to work with the eggs!
Unless you're gonna replace the lot and then it's a different story!

As I have got the Radius range and did a direct comparison against the Eggs and VMs and the 5005...Personally I think they don't just look better, but boy do they sound much and much and much better...Much more mature sounding for such small speakers than I expected...Really makes the Eggs and VM1 sound like 'my first sony', too much sound thrown at you instead of being imerged in it.....

My advice, get rid of the eggs and do the upgrade...Or if cash tight just do the front 3 first....But don't mix...

Thanks for the advice, i think i will upgrade the front speakers and see how well the kef sub and rears integrate with each other :eek:

Bobbypunk you mentioned something about if your upgrading the whole lot, then it's a different story. I too was thinking of upgrading my Kef 2005 Mk1 fronts and center.

Was looking at some Dynaudio speakers but the Monitor Audio range seem nice as well.

Is the Kef Q series not up to scratch as I have heard elsewhere?

Cheers,
Chris

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom