GRymerz

as my bedroom is small, Im just about getting 5.1.2 here as the rear surrounds have to be small....MA radius 45

But it sounds good as larger rooms need more to fill the space and the roof is flat for the upfiring.

The vsx1131 is fine but when you get that itch to buy AV for no reason, it will happen sooner or later.

So Yamaha? not that good for receivers?

Fair dos....OK il check that Denon out 2700.

Ive always used Pionner from day one tbh but this not being able to change crossover settings for rear and fronts is the type of setting I would like so maybe an upgrade is required soon.

Im sure I could get a good price for the vsx 1131 easily.

Jester1066

It's not that Yamaha isn't good. Indeed they are likely to be more "Musical" than Denon. But like you've only had Pioneer receivers, I've only really had Denon. When I did have a Yamaha yonks ago. I found YPAO room correction was very hit & miss. Might be different now though.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
as my bedroom is small, Im just about getting 5.1.2 here as the rear surrounds have to be small....MA radius 45

But it sounds good as larger rooms need more to fill the space and the roof is flat for the upfiring.

The vsx1131 is fine but when you get that itch to buy AV for no reason, it will happen sooner or later.

Fair dos....OK il check that Denon out 2700.

Ive always used Pionner from day one tbh but this not being able to change crossover settings for rear and fronts is the type of setting I would like so maybe an upgrade is required soon.

Im sure I could get a good price for the vsx 1131 easily.

Did you already have Radius 45? If not notice they have rear firing tweeters, need to be close to walls so the effects will "bounce" to listeners. Quite expensive and small. Have read bit mixed things about those. Clearly if you want more directional effects then those are wrong type.

Denon X2700H or Yamaha RX-V6A. Both are very similar feature/price wise, Yamaha has few more 2.1 inputs (8K) and one output (8k) less. They put the better YPAO to Yamaha (multipoint), both are probably similar level as the better version is in Denon X3700H/Marantz SR6015. I would save up for those or if you see Yamaha RX-A1080 (2018) used with warranty. Some of those were sold late last year.. Depends do need it to be 2020 model with latest connections or not.

Best to look receivers at the end of summer if new models are coming, then these all will go on sale. Now they cost (some) more than last year when released! Worst possible time to buy anything.

GRymerz

Think thats what I will do....wait a few months....then look at the amps.

Radius 45 was more for the reason that everything is MA here and needed small speakers, as the bed is in the rear left right section of the room.

One side is very tight on space but yes both have flat walls behind the speakers for the rear firing tweeters.

I find them good for the size but £180 is a bit much but no choice with the lack of space.
IMG_1431.JPG

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I would want to play the angle with those speakers, not necessarily best to have the bass driver toward listener, depending where you sit if you think how the sound "bounces" from wall to listener. Perhaps you have done this already. :)

GRymerz

Basically I sit right where the 45 are directly towards my ear.
Not tried to move the angles , as in what would you suggest?

Moving them towards the rear wall or more to the Tv side of the room?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Basically I sit right where the 45 are directly towards my ear.
Not tried to move the angles , as in what would you suggest?

Moving them towards the rear wall or more to the Tv side of the room?

Not necessarily moving the speakers, but turning them to different angles. But i have no idea cause never heard those. Still would be intresting to try if it gets any better. Think about the bipole speakers (Bronze/Silver FX) how the side firing tweeter bounces the sound from side walls to listener for example.

hf8a.gif

GRymerz

Not necessarily moving the speakers, but turning them to different angles. But i have no idea cause never heard those. Still would be intresting to try if it gets any better. Think about the bipole speakers (Bronze/Silver FX) how the side firing tweeter bounces the sound from side walls to listener for example.

hf8a.gif
OK so I moved the angle to this for them both...then turned off all other speakers and done a tweeter type test.
Better like this, bounces a bit better tbf.

Attachments

• IMG_1432.JPG
    IMG_1432.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 14

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom