Monitor Audio Radius 90 vs Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by neel, Mar 16, 2006.

1. neel

neel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I have a Denon 3802 receiver (haven't bought a DVD player yet).

I know this is a bit of comparing apples with oranges.

I don't have the luxury of auditioning due to my location but have to make a decision between a Radius 90 (5*90,1*180,1*360) 6.1 package (though I want only 5.1) and AE Aegis Evo 3B package both second hand available at similar prices(£450 ish). In the market the Radius 90 (£900) sells for about £300 more than the aegis evo package(£600) brand new. Does this mean that the radius is a better speaker package than Evo. One is a satellite package and another one is a full size package.

My room is 21.5' x 11.5' so I do have the luxury of being able to accomodate full size speakers but would do so only if the improvement is very significant. Having said this I have less than £500 to spend so cannot afford a really high end full size package.

I am in a bit of quandary and would appreciate some advice on this issue from people.

TIA,
    Neel.

2. NOWATOR

NOWATOR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I got the same question, 'cos I am interesting in good-sounding and compact sized speakers for my 6.1 Philips combo-set.

I heard Radius at retailer's shop with Pioneer ...4AVi and found they sounded very good despite the sizes. Of course big-sized speakers sound better for obvious physics reasons, but I was amazed with Radius.