1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Audio R90 / REL Stampede

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by spine, Oct 18, 2005.

1. spine

spine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Monitor Audio R90 AV speakers (4 x R90 and 1 x 1R180). I now want a matching subwoofer for the system. The one I'm interested in is the REL stampede, however, there is one problem.

The REL's upper frequency response is up to 99Hz. On the other hand, I've read the Monitor Audio speakers's lowest frequency may be up to 125Hz. My concern is that there will be a gap in the frequency response?

Would there be another subwoofer more suited to these speakers? What about the MJ Acoustics Ref100? How does this compare to the Stampede?

Thanks.

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
  3. spine

spine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a look - they look interesting!

How do they compare in build/sound qualityto REL and MJ Acoustics?

4. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    find the extra money and go for the Strata 5 subwoofer from REL, no joke the difference between the two for the £100 or so is more than worth it...

(or go for the BK or SVS options other people will recommend...heh...but if u want REL then i seriously advise you find the extra wonga.....try Sevenoaks hifi shops, u can put it on interest free over 6 or 12 months i think so u can save up for it)