• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Monitor Audio R90 / REL Stampede

S

spine

I have the Monitor Audio R90 AV speakers (4 x R90 and 1 x 1R180). I now want a matching subwoofer for the system. The one I'm interested in is the REL stampede, however, there is one problem.

The REL's upper frequency response is up to 99Hz. On the other hand, I've read the Monitor Audio speakers's lowest frequency may be up to 125Hz. My concern is that there will be a gap in the frequency response?

Would there be another subwoofer more suited to these speakers? What about the MJ Acoustics Ref100? How does this compare to the Stampede?

Thanks.

S

spine

Had a look - they look interesting!

How do they compare in build/sound qualityto REL and MJ Acoustics?

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
find the extra money and go for the Strata 5 subwoofer from REL, no joke the difference between the two for the £100 or so is more than worth it...

(or go for the BK or SVS options other people will recommend...heh...but if u want REL then i seriously advise you find the extra wonga.....try Sevenoaks hifi shops, u can put it on interest free over 6 or 12 months i think so u can save up for it)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom