1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Audio R360 - opinions?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by pixelated, Aug 10, 2005.

1. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Hiya!

Can anyone tell me if the Monitor Audio R360 is good? I heard a demo of it at Sevenoaks a while back with the Yamaha YSP-1 and thought it sounded great! However would you recommend it? Or are there better ones available? :) Just checking because I definitely want the YSP-1, just want to clarify that's the best sub to go with it for around that price range? :)

Stu

2. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    anyone? :rolleyes:

3. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    SEARCH THE SPEAKERS FORUM for MA Radius

Everyone seems to agree that the MA Radius speakers are much better with a REL Quake or MJ Ref 100 sub I think...

4. jeegnesh

jeegnesh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I have had R360 on demo for a while, and I really liked the clean sound it gave, there was none of that prolonged rumbling, just nice clean bass, for music it is just superb although this depends on taste, I don't like overpowering bass I prefer thats it there but blended into the sound, and this works very well.

For movies I found for some serious bass you really need to turn up the setting on the amp and the sub itself, it does still just about to the job, but your pushing it to its edge.

I did not want to go into the REL price range so for my budget this seemed to work well. I brought one which I got today one issue I have is that the sub goes into standby mode when signal is sent it comes out of standby i found that I have to put it at a very high volume to take it out of standby, however MA website mentions that you can call them and they have a fix for this, although my retailer told me my one comes with the mod, but does not seem to work I think the mod is not done, well i hope its not.