• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Monitor Audio R250 vs R225- Any thoughts?

Brookes2002

Established Member
Hi,

My current speaker set-up is 4x Radius R90s, 1x Radius R180 as a centre and a R360 sub. I am considering upgrading the centre to either the R225 or the new R250. Basically, I was wondering if anyone has bought the R250 as I would be very interested to know their opinions? Secondly, I would be interested to know the consensus of whether people think the R250 is really that much better than the R225?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Christmas.

zero7

Established Member
Hi:

My brother is looking at getting 5 x R90's for his room together with the Sub, are these any good are are they a bit light weight?

Brookes2002

Established Member
Hi,

I have had my setup for about 2 years now. My lounge is about 6 x 5m and personally i think they are excellent speakers for the money. I had a demo in my local sevenoaks in Bristol and compared them to Acoustic Energy and B&W bigger AV packages, which were both more expensive and much bigger in size. My missus went nuts at me cos the others were far too big (apparently) but I decided to go with Monitor Audio primarily because I was very impressed with sound quality for their size. Demoed KEF eggs at the same time but not impressed at all. I live in a flat so can't crank up the volume excessively, but even at low volume they sound good. My only gripe would be the sub, which is a bit slow and boomy.:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom