1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Audio R25 in 6.1 set up question . . .

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Pinoy, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Pinoy

Pinoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Planning to purchase MA RA 225 for 6.1 set up, just wondering will it matter if I set up my RA225 rear surround (left and right) and rear surround center in a horizontal position instead of vertical position ?

Thanks . . .

2. Pinoy

Pinoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone ? any thought or guess ?

3. OneDesi

OneDesi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243
    Can't say I can really give a professional opinion but my gues would be that the sound is dispersed in a cone from a speaker and I would guess the room size menas either will work - if it were me I would fix the vertically as I think the aesthetic appeal would be greater and (I cannot say why - jsut a gut feeling) but the sound may disperse better in the room (picture a cone emanating from the speaker into the room and you may see what I mean) - sorry not very scientific but just a gut feeling!

4. Pinoy

Pinoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just want to let you know, wrote MA about my question and here is the reply;

'The Radius 225 are designed to be used as a centre speaker (positioned horizontally) or as a main left and right speaker (positioned vertically).

In you question below you mention you want to put your surround speaker in the horizontal position? Do you mean your rear centre or your rear left/ right? If you mean your rear centre, then this will not be a problem. If, however, you are talking about you rear left/ right, then you may find that the sound stage will be too wide, and you won't get a as much of an effect when the sound track 'moves'.

I hope that this helps you out. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.'