Question Monitor Audio Monitor 50 matched with C150?

Scottland

Due to some unique size restrictions around my TV area - the monitor 50 speakers seem like the best bang for the cm. But would mating them to a C150 (which is in their same Monitor range) be well suited, or odd?

For reference I currently have Roth OLi RA1 front and rear with their C30 centre, and am looking for a mild upgrade - something a little more fuller sounding. However I only have about 20cm height to play with, hence me looking at the Monitor 50's. Another option would be Q Acoustics 3010i.

Thanks

Gasp3621

Due to some unique size restrictions around my TV area - the monitor 50 speakers seem like the best bang for the cm. But would mating them to a C150 (which is in their same Monitor range) be well suited, or odd?

For reference I currently have Roth OLi RA1 front and rear with their C30 centre, and am looking for a mild upgrade - something a little more fuller sounding. However I only have about 20cm height to play with, hence me looking at the Monitor 50's. Another option would be Q Acoustics 3010i.

Thanks
Yes it would be ideal partner with Monitor 50s. C150 shares identical drivers with 50s.

Ed Selley`s review of 50s;

Scottland

Thanks for the reply. Yes it was Ed's review that made me give the 50's a second look. I was a bit concerned they might be a little too small to match well to the C150.

Gasp3621

Thanks for the reply. Yes it was Ed's review that made me give the 50's a second look. I was a bit concerned they might be a little too small to match well to the C150.
Monitor 50s & C150 has decent size drivers, larger than what you get on QA 3010i & 3090Ci! Add some quality subwoofer and you should have enjoyable low budget system on hands for movies. But if you want to be sure you are making right call, book a demo time from local hifi shop and listen both models! And of course ask some discount / free speaker cables. :)

Scottland

Thanks again, yes the size of driver was one of the things swaying me towards the monitors. I'm going to try and get to somewhere to demo them, bit they seem ideal for my setup.

I'll be upgrading my sub to a BK unit soon (xls200 or p12) so hopefully I'll get a nice upgrade overall.

Gasp3621

Thanks again, yes the size of driver was one of the things swaying me towards the monitors. I'm going to try and get to somewhere to demo them, bit they seem ideal for my setup.

I'll be upgrading my sub to a BK unit soon (xls200 or p12) so hopefully I'll get a nice upgrade overall.
Great!

For the BK subs keep on eye this site if you want to save some ££. For a basic satin black P12 you should call Colosussxb and ask do they have one when you are ready to order. Many times it will come up when you call. :) These are new grade-b from BK with normal warranty and members haven´t found any noticeable marks.

Will I Aint

Front what i could gather the availability of BK subs on there was dependent on whether they had seconds enclosures. When i bought mine they still had to put it together and all the inner parts where brand new.

Top Bottom