Monitor Audio Monitor 5.1 Speaker Package Review & Comments

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Phil Hinton, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Steve Withers

Steve Withers
      Reviewer

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +9,557
      • Like Like x 2
      • Thanks Thanks x 1
      • List
    2. encaser

encaser
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,123
      At a glance they look like Klipsch Audio Technologies speakers.

3. Ajon

Ajon
      Novice Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +0
      Gradually building this set as funds allow. Personally I love the look of these and is what drew me to them. So if the sub is lacking what would be an alternative that would suit this setup???

4. Gasp3621

Gasp3621

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +802
      BK Electronics is your best bet if you have low budget to work with. Example the P12-300SB around 350£ shipped. XLS200 (310£ shipped) if you have size restrictions. Monolith (445£ shipped) for medium - large sized room if you want more rumble and to feel it more (large vented box). If you are unsure, call to BK and ask to speak with Tom. Buy the best you can afford and fit in your room (with few different placement options in mind)! You can always turn the larger sub down, but you won´t get more from the small box and what often happens is you get hungrier with this hobby, so choose wisely! Notice the DF and FF cabinets has different dimensions, performance being same.
      B.K. Electronics Homepage

Prices i mentioned are new "grade-b" with full warranty basic colours, so little savings. Bookmark this site and keep on eye as the models will change almost daily. Shipping is 30£ for Monolith and 10£ for rest in UK.
      colosussxb | eBay

5. password1

password1

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +56
      these monitor series are excellent speakers.

they share the same technology as higher models, such as c cam, hive 2 ports from silver range and mmp2 from radius 45.

the price has been reduced on things that dont affect sound quality or build quality. thanks to plastic binding posts which you can't see anyway. prongs instead of magnet grilles but most people probably don't remove grilles all the time.. the vinyl finish instead of real wood veneer. all these don't affect the sound.

they look great in the flesh. with details that aren't immediately noticeable from online pictures, such as the detailing around the tweeter and the logo on the bottom of the speaker, inverted rubber surrounds.

besides, you can keep the grilles on if u dont like the orange coloured cones.

6. Ajon

Ajon
      Novice Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +0
      Thanks for the help, given my budget and room size I have gone for the gemini 2, they seem to be the best of both worlds. I like the small size, and I could double up in the future. I was really struggling to spend the £350 on a sub, shellsout for rears and stands. I have the monitors in Walnut and they are real wood veneers.

7. Gasp3621

Gasp3621

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +802
      No problem. Just take some time to find good place for it in your room (can make massive difference) and enjoy! It ain`t going to shake the couch, but you get a good taste of controlled quality bass. Build quality is also another level to that cheap MA sub with furniture like looks. Yes i have owned it! You got great customer service, product support (parts), great after sale value if you want to step up larger one later on, so all in all money well spent. :smashin:

8. jimster99

jimster99

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +101
      Without wishing to be suspicious...why exactly are there precisely no photos of the speakers in the reviewer's actual set up despite the very detailed description of how he or she set them up? All the photos appear to be taken from the manufacturer's website...

9. password1

password1

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +56
      its not just this review.. lots of reviews dont have or need pictures. what hi fi magazine for example dont show the actual product set up in the listening room in their reviews... not all member's reviews online have actual pictures... are you saying the same for every review with no actual pictures..