Monitor Audio Monitor 5.1 Speaker Package Review & Comments

At a glance they look like Klipsch Audio Technologies speakers.

Gradually building this set as funds allow. Personally I love the look of these and is what drew me to them. So if the sub is lacking what would be an alternative that would suit this setup???

Gradually building this set as funds allow. Personally I love the look of these and is what drew me to them. So if the sub is lacking what would be an alternative that would suit this setup???

BK Electronics is your best bet if you have low budget to work with. Example the P12-300SB around 350£ shipped. XLS200 (310£ shipped) if you have size restrictions. Monolith (445£ shipped) for medium - large sized room if you want more rumble and to feel it more (large vented box). If you are unsure, call to BK and ask to speak with Tom. Buy the best you can afford and fit in your room (with few different placement options in mind)! You can always turn the larger sub down, but you won´t get more from the small box and what often happens is you get hungrier with this hobby, so choose wisely! Notice the DF and FF cabinets has different dimensions, performance being same.
B.K. Electronics Homepage

Prices i mentioned are new "grade-b" with full warranty basic colours, so little savings. Bookmark this site and keep on eye as the models will change almost daily. Shipping is 30£ for Monolith and 10£ for rest in UK.
colosussxb | eBay

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
these monitor series are excellent speakers.

they share the same technology as higher models, such as c cam, hive 2 ports from silver range and mmp2 from radius 45.

the price has been reduced on things that dont affect sound quality or build quality. thanks to plastic binding posts which you can't see anyway. prongs instead of magnet grilles but most people probably don't remove grilles all the time.. the vinyl finish instead of real wood veneer. all these don't affect the sound.

they look great in the flesh. with details that aren't immediately noticeable from online pictures, such as the detailing around the tweeter and the logo on the bottom of the speaker, inverted rubber surrounds.

besides, you can keep the grilles on if u dont like the orange coloured cones.

Thanks for the help, given my budget and room size I have gone for the gemini 2, they seem to be the best of both worlds. I like the small size, and I could double up in the future. I was really struggling to spend the £350 on a sub, shellsout for rears and stands. I have the monitors in Walnut and they are real wood veneers.

Thanks for the help, given my budget and room size I have gone for the gemini 2, they seem to be the best of both worlds. I like the small size, and I could double up in the future. I was really struggling to spend the £350 on a sub, shellsout for rears and stands. I have the monitors in Walnut and they are real wood veneers.

No problem. Just take some time to find good place for it in your room (can make massive difference) and enjoy! It ain`t going to shake the couch, but you get a good taste of controlled quality bass. Build quality is also another level to that cheap MA sub with furniture like looks. Yes i have owned it! You got great customer service, product support (parts), great after sale value if you want to step up larger one later on, so all in all money well spent. :smashin:

Without wishing to be suspicious...why exactly are there precisely no photos of the speakers in the reviewer's actual set up despite the very detailed description of how he or she set them up? All the photos appear to be taken from the manufacturer's website...

Without wishing to be suspicious...why exactly are there precisely no photos of the speakers in the reviewer's actual set up despite the very detailed description of how he or she set them up? All the photos appear to be taken from the manufacturer's website...
its not just this review.. lots of reviews dont have or need pictures. what hi fi magazine for example dont show the actual product set up in the listening room in their reviews... not all member's reviews online have actual pictures... are you saying the same for every review with no actual pictures..

its not just this review.. lots of reviews dont have or need pictures. what hi fi magazine for example dont show the actual product set up in the listening room in their reviews... not all member's reviews online have actual pictures... are you saying the same for every review with no actual pictures..

Yes, any review that does not take a photo I find suspicious. Because anyone can write a "review" without having seen the product, the photo is the only proof the reviewer actually had them in his/her grubby paws!

Yes, any review that does not take a photo I find suspicious. Because anyone can write a "review" without having seen the product, the photo is the only proof the reviewer actually had them in his/her grubby paws!

That’s actually quite a rude comment to make.

Last edited:
The Monitor 3g range has been replaced by the Monitor 4g now.

i can't see any difference apart from the colour of the cones.

is black the natural colour of the MMP2 cones?

Same drivers, but they just swapped the colour of it. I knew it was just matter of time they had to do that. The earlier was just too raw and probably didn´t sell much at all. Big mistake.

Im guessing its just recoloured and the natural colour is white.. as in the bronze b, br and bx series.

I think the original looks better personally.

Hi, i am trying to decide between this setup and a Dali Spektor 5.1 av. Mixed listening, music and movies. My room is 25m2. Which would you choose considering a slight saving considering the MA package?
Thanks everyone

Go for the MA, you won't be disappointed.

The specktor are low end and nothing special if they sound anything like the Dali Zensor range.

Thanks for your suggestion. At some point this MA line is low end as well and given their 5.5in drivers I was wondering if the 6.5in drivers from the Spector speakers would guarantee a tighter and less hollow bass line i read in some reviews MA 200 could have…

The MA feature the same technology as their higher end, c cam are derived from the 5g bronze, the 5.5 inch cones are bespoke to the range and have inverted surrounds and dust cap. They have vinyl wrap instead of real wood veneer to significantly reduce cost. They have the same HIVE 2 ports as the higher end.

Larger cone doesn't mean better sound quality.

Thanks password1 for your prompt support. Just one additional question. Have you tested the Monitor 200 vs Bronze 200 6G? That is the nearer reference I have and would help me decide. Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom