Monitor Audio Mass

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by disco74, Apr 30, 2016.

1. disco74

disco74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Hi Guys
    I am after some advise. I currently have a bit of a mixed bag of home cinema speakers and need to downgrade/downsize. I have 2 mission floor standers, Mission centre, Harmon Kardon surrounds and a BK Gemini 2 subwoofer. The Mission floor standers and centre demo need to go because of space issues. I was thinking of either getting some small Harmon Kardon fronts and centre and keeping the BK sub or selling the lot and buying a Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 package which is currently £499.99 @ Richer Sounds. Thoughts?
    Also is the subwoofer in the mass package going to be as good as the BK Gemini 2 one I currently have?

Many Thanks in advance

2. AS23

AS23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
  3. barry7767

barry7767

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +404
    I have the MASS system, I like the satellites (though looking to upgrade to XTZ Cinema M6 in future) but thought the Sub was average at best. I'd imagine the BK would be quite a bit better. I've replaced the sub with an Arendal Sub 2, not really a fair comparison but it's not even a contest (as it shouldn't be). The satellites definately sound bigger than they are, and now coupled with a great sub, they make for a decent system. My sub is overkill for them, but given I plan to upgrade and got a good price on the forums, I thought best to replace the obvious weak link first. Hope this helps.