Monitor Audio Mass W200 Subwoofer - Green flashing LED and no sound

Daygoer

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently established a fault with the W200 Sub after working flawlessly for a few years.

LED at the top of the unit Flashes green when audio signal is sent from amp to sub. The user manual does not state a troubleshooting guide for this LED status.

I have tried the usual Suspects, power cycle for a period of time. LFE cable checks. Amplifier checks etc.

The LED is solid Red in Standby mode as you would expect, yet when the audio signal is delivered to the Subwoofer from the amp it recognises the signal and the LED begins to flash green and no sound.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so how was it resolved. I am hoping it is not a write off and I can replace components on the board if necessary.

Thanks
Paul

Last edited:
Hi All,

Recently established a fault with the W200 Sub after working flawlessly for a few years.

LED at the top of the unit Flashes green when audio signal is sent from amp to sub. The user manual does not state a troubleshooting guide for this LED status.

I have tried the usual Suspects, power cycle for a period of time. LFE cable checks. Amplifier checks etc.

The LED is solid Red in Standby mode as you would expect, yet when the audio signal is delivered to the Subwoofer from the amp it recognises the signal and the LED begins to flash green and no sound.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so how was it resolved. I am hoping it is not a write off and I can replace components on the board if necessary.

Thanks
Paul
Dont have any experience with monitor subs but they do have a rep for blown the amp/psu.

Can you connect another device to the sub?

The same issue in this thread.

It could well be, except this is a flashing green LED not Red as described in the thread...

<SOLVED>

Hi,

I treated the green flashing LED the same as a Red blinking LED, so followed the advice in the forum to trouble shoot and action repairs.

I replaced the diodes and Capacitors on the PCB and hey presto, working as per usual.

Mega. Thanks fellas, great forum. Paul

<SOLVED>

Hi,

I treated the green flashing LED the same as a Red blinking LED, so followed the advice in the forum to trouble shoot and action repairs.

I replaced the diodes and Capacitors on the PCB and hey presto, working as per usual.

Mega. Thanks fellas, great forum. Paul
Hi Paul, please help
i have same problem on my sub.
possible can you give me detail where can i buy the diodes and capactor on the PCB.
Thanks
Lee

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom