Monitor Audio In wall and ceiling speakers

gperkins1973

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Has anyone bought the in wall speakers or ceiling ones. If so how do they compare with the RS5's and the RSFX. I was thinking of replacing my rear RS5's with some in wall speakers.

I was thinking along the lines of W280's.

Any advice would be great also on how easy they are to install. I have a new house so just dabbed plasterboarded walls onto breeze blocks.

cheers

Graham

I fitted some W280LCRs into a friend's house recently as the fronts in a 6.1 setup (there was no room for a centre) and they sounded great. They're a doddle to fit as long as you can run the cable to them. They supply you with a template to draw round and then you just batter a jab saw through the plasterboard and hack away, they have about a 1" lip so you don't actually have to be that accurate when cutting (although I made sure I was just because I like to take pride in my work even if people can't see it).

I liked them so much I got some W380LCRs for my bedroom ceiling which I fitted last night. They're plugged into a Sonos ZP120 and sound brilliant! I replaced my GR10s with AE1mk3s a while ago and have been longing after the MA sound because, personally, I think it's great, so good I'm looking to swap the AEs for some MA Platinums if I can.

In terms of acoustics the cabinet of speakers is an integral part of the design and the in-wall and in-ceiling speakers are missing this but they still sound great to my ears.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom