Monitor Audio GXW15 is it a good sub?

tris101

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

What do you guys think of the Monitor Audio GXW15? I have seen some new around £1k one guy even managed to get a bargain one at £750. So at less than £1k how does it stack up against the competition?

Its a very compact sealed box for a 15" driver does that mean it might be a bit peaky?

I have the MA Apex system X6 A10 and x1 A40 with a Yamaha 3010. My room is large ish at 30 foot long by 15 foot wide. it has a concrete floor and brick plastered walls. I want a nice musically sub not a one note high spl monster, I will be using it for music and movies. it needs a grill or be down firing to kept little ones fingers off the cone. The size and aesthetics are also important as the wife needs to agree with the purchase.

I just wondered what your thoughts are of this sub at the reduced price?

Last edited:
I do have MA speakers myself, but I wouldn't buy MA sub.
I'm sure your wife would like the look of REL and you would like the musical side of it, but then although REL is good i'ts also well well overpriced.

I can recommend to you BK XXLS400
XXLS400

or

SVS SB12 NSD
Sub Woofers Svs SB12 NSD | hifix.co.uk

I have one and it's excellent - had plenty of subs and at that price it's a bargain!

I do have MA speakers myself, but I wouldn't buy MA sub.
I'm sure your wife would like the look of REL and you would like the musical side of it, but then although REL is good i'ts also well well overpriced.

I can recommend to you BK XXLS400
XXLS400

or

SVS SB12 NSD
Sub Woofers Svs SB12 NSD | hifix.co.uk

MA sub AW12 sounds ok but I feel its over priced plus it has no grill.

I have been looking at the XXLS400 and an antimode it seems like a good combo and under budget which is nice. I just have reservations as I can't demo it and wonder if I spent more if I could do better.

I see MA have new sub in town... Silver W12 which might be worth a look.

I have one and it's excellent - had plenty of subs and at that price it's a bargain!

I have not heard one yet but its on the list. The best price seems to be around £1100 at £750 I think it was a real steal.

If you look online there are a few reviews and it does well, I got a mint ex display for 800. If that 750 one was new then that was an absolute steal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom