• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Monitor Audio GSLCR centre OR KEF.

Jules

Distinguished Member
I'm seriously thinking of changing my old KEF TDM speaker package for Monitor Audio GS20 / GSCLR / GS10 /GSFX to improve stereo sound quality and aesthetics.

I've heard the GS20's and quite liked them, but I've never heard a Monitor Audio centre speaker.

I've always used KEF centre speakers (Model 100, TDM23C) and they sound great with voices.
So I'm a little worried about how the MA GSCLR performs compared to KEF.

The GSCLR is rarely available for audition anywhere and doesn't seam to get much of a mention on here despite being the obvious match for the popular GS10/20/60 stereo speakers.

So, the GSCLR......
an excellent centre speaker? or just an average one that's been aesthetically matched to the rest of the GS range?

Excellent sounding centre . clear and open . just like the gs20s!

These will sound more open than the kefs.
I have GS20, GSCLR and silver series rears (the gold rears where too big!)

Dave964

I'm surprised you say that GSLCR is rarely available for audition - Sevenoaks usually stock them, as do Audio-T?

I recently upgraded from a Mission 78C to a GSLCR to match my GS10s. I agree that it is an excellent speaker - but I must confess I don't think it's a £500 better speaker than the Mission was. If you are happy with the sound of your existing centre then definitely find somewhere where you can get a demo. I'd say the GSLCR was the one upgrade I've done recently where I'm not really convinced the gain justified the cost.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom