Quantcast

Monitor Audio Gold 100 Standmount Speaker Review & Comments

Smallboydanger

quite the change indeed, you will not miss to much bass, they are very well balanced speakers, the silvers are a bit lighter but they are also excellent, like the gold more because of the fuller sound that works with almost every kind of music
Thanks for your help
Can you recommend good affordable stsnds for these speakers
Planning on getting thr speakers in white so looking for white stands

Marshall Mike

Thanks for your help
Can you recommend good affordable stsnds for these speakers
Planning on getting thr speakers in white so looking for white stands
Have you looked at the dedicated white stands from MA?

password1

a pair of sound stylez or atacama metal stands can be wrapped in white or sprayed. or any wooden stands from.the likes of hi fi racks ltd

password1

ive vinyl wrapped loads of stuff, my projector screen case, a sub, speakers, etc. with the benefit of not damaging anything and being able to put back everything to its original finish if/when required

password1

alternatively wrap in white paper or gift wrapping paper as long as the print on the other side doesn't show through.

cost pennies and look good. when people see my stands they think i bought them gloss black.

my wrap only cost me 50p from a charity shop but you can put a roll up from eBay for a few quid.

worms

Novice Member
Hi.
I will probably be able to make a comparison between silver 100 and gold 100 at home soon, I hope within two weeks. Currently in one of the stationary stores the G5 heating stage is carried out, as soon as they are ready for rent, they are loading with me.
I can not wait, I hope it will be the development of my system with M6Si and Pioneer N70AE.
I would also like to hear Dynaudio 1.4LE and PMC 5.22, but I like Monitor Audio the most, may they make the best comparison.

Tony212

Has anyone driven these with an amp that doesn't have a 4 ohm rating? These speakers are on my shortlist but I'm not sure if my Marantz amp would have enough poke. It's the NR1200, rated at 75w at 8ohms and 100w at 6 ohms. No 4 ohm figure. Is Marantz a good partner for MA in general?

Jefke13

Hello,

They aren't that hard to drive actually but they are rather picky when it comes to finding a good match, so you would have to try it first, but i personally don't think the Marantz and the Monitor gold 100 5G will go well together because this gold series are rather easy going themselves

screemer

I’m currently sat listening to a pair on a Naim Atom and I’m very happy. Listened to everything from Lana Del Rey to Slipknot

screemer

Just trying to decide between the golds and silver 300s

screemer

Golds all day for me. I took a pair of Gold 100’s over Silver 300’s. I would also suggest the MA designed stand for them too.
Yeah, seem to be thinking the same, just have more to them, especially on a Naim Atom. I’ll get the stands too. Did you fill yours with sand?

daddy999

Yeah, seem to be thinking the same, just have more to them, especially on a Naim Atom. I’ll get the stands too. Did you fill yours with sand?
No need, the stands are built very to last, weigh a ton and are solid as a rock. The silvers are good, the gold’s are on a different level.......but then they should be for the cost differential.

screemer

Second day of testing. Silver 300s with the new Arcam SA30 and they sound much better, deeper, more detail. Just don’t like the Arcam, Roon is naff on it

screemer

I just don’t like the day to day use of it. It’s clunky, old skool feel, and seems a bit fussy with its connections. Can not fault the sound

Latest News

Tidal brings Dolby Atmos Music to home cinema setups
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Technics announces SL-1210GAE limited edition turntable
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen 88-inch Beovision Harmony 8K OLED TV launched
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Monitor Audio launches IMS-4 music streamer
  • By Andy Bassett