Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Monitor Audio Genies-The verdict!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by drunkenmaster, Jan 29, 2005.

1. drunkenmaster

drunkenmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I know its a subjective matter and of perceptive audio taste but it would help my confusion!

1)If you actually own this package are you happy with the genies or would you rather change with a similar budgeted setup?

2)Vs The Monitor Audio Radius £999pack and Castle CC3s which would you prefer sonically not aesthetically?

3)In ratio to home cinema to music are they as good as the tin says!

I have tried to use the search engine to the best of my ability but reviews of this package are sketchy.

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,664
    The last time I checked, they were built by Mordaunt Short......
    1) I own a set and with the proviso they have to be sats, the I'm happy with them.
    2) The castles are superior (my Dad is a proud owner) but only if you don't use the compact sub and have a fairly expensive receiver as well. You will have to have a higher level of budget to really get the best out of them. I don't really like the radius- the Castle is better IMO.
    3) Musically all sats are compromised but the genies aren't bad.

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,894
    Maybe your just the last to know tons :D
    JS

4. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I'm extremely happy with my Genies. I've hooked them up to a Denon 2105 and they sound lovely. Granted the last speaker package I owned was a Logitech z-560 for my PC, so my experience is limited, but these are in a different class (and they should be for the money :) ). They may not be as good for music and this may be down to the limitations of my receiver but for home cinema they blow me away. I use them in my bedroom and they're better then the 5.1 system we have in the living room downstairs. Plus they look good and that's always worth something :D