Monitor Audio FB212

dirge

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I've just got the Monitor Audio FB212 for £550 in black oak. Looks great more like a table than a sub. Thought it sounded great myself while demo'ing it. With it being part of the gold range and quite cheap I went with it to go with my monitor audio radius centre and (soon to get) silver floor standers.

I was just wondering if the experts here had any opinion on my purchase? Have they demo'd the sub in the past and was the deal very good or not? Should I have got another sub etc?

Still I'm very happy with it :clap: and have very high ceiling in the living room here, and thought i'd get the largest sub in the shop :D

i havnt heard the FB212 but thats a cracking price, i think that model was about £1,400 brand new....lol

it is a pretty big sub as well.......i remember seeing it the first time i went in 7oaks....i thought, ooohh i want one......ended up with a Quake due to funds tho...LOL

Thanks for the reply Knight mate :) it is a big sub and can shake the floorboards pretty easily.

But it seems nobody else has an opinion on em :( id have thought they would have been quite a popular option what with their brand name and everything.

They suffer from the same problem as a lot of high street branded subs. At their original price, they're too expensive. It limits the number of people likely to buy them and those that will spend that much on the high street, will probably end up with a REL.

Anybody suggesting they're going to spend £1400 odd on a sub round these parts will be brow beaten into buying an SVS or Velodyne and probably quite rightly.

At the price you've paid, it would seem a bargain. I wonder if the dealer actually lost anything in terms of money?

Russell

i have one! it seems us fb212 users are few and far between. u paid £550, thats a bargain, i paid £1100 for mine and thought it was a good deal:(
oh well, i know its discontinued now but i demoed it against an m&k mx350 and in the end there was nothing in it - except the extra £1k for the M&K, easy choice and the other half preferred real wood to a vinyl wrap! the only downside is its size, its a beast and needs a bit of space to breathe but its the only bit of equipment i haven't changed in the last 3 years - speaks volumes to me:thumbsup:

yeah russ when the very helpfull chap tried to put it through the till at that price, the till threw a wobbly claiming that it couldn't sell something from stock as a loss... bad for them but good for me :smashin:

I'm happy with the purchase, i needed a big sub as we have 11foot ceilings and a small sub may have struggled.

I just wanted to see if many people gave a positive or negative response to either the sub or the deal, so far so good :thumbsup: It is the sub that was pushed to partner with the MA gold range and my setup is radius/silver atm, so it should last me a while.

I have one too! Got it for roughly the same price as you from Fleabay a few months ago.(Brand new though) :smashin:

A massive improvement to my KEF 2500 (from the 5005 system) and maybe a little big for my needs, but at the end of the day, I guess it's better to have a bit of kit used under it's full potential than one at it's limit.

We do have however, a 'thru' living/dining room and kitchen so there's a fair volume of room that needs to be 'pressurised'.

Enjoy testing it out mate !

smind74 said:
I have one too! Got it for roughly the same price as you from Fleabay a few months ago.(Brand new though) :smashin:

A massive improvement to my KEF 2500 (from the 5005 system) and maybe a little big for my needs, but at the end of the day, I guess it's better to have a bit of kit used under it's full potential than one at it's limit.

We do have however, a 'thru' living/dining room and kitchen so there's a fair volume of room that needs to be 'pressurised'.

Enjoy testing it out mate !

You know you got an great deal!!!:) hope your both enjoying it.
see you soon for those RS6:thumbsup:

^ yeah Craig thanks for all your help :hiya: phoning plasterer today when it's dry and painted I'll be back :smashin:

Resident Evil was on Sky movies last night, turned up the gain a little... dear me I've bought a V8 for a gocart...

Very helpfull staff and great prices at Lintone Audio in gateshead if your in the north east :thumbsup: (hey AV-Sales gets loads of credit why not someone else for a change)

I got one too - got it off EBay for £420 brand new. I haven't really tested it properly yet - only got it a couple of days ago but gave X-Men and U571 (depth charge scene-dts) a bash and it was unreal. It's easily the best sub I've ever heard but it is gigantic though. You could put a couple of chairs around it and easily have 4 prople round for dinner!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom