1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Audio FB 212 Sub

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Snippermanden, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Snippermanden

Snippermanden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found the Monitor Audio FB 212 Sub at 1300 Euro (sligtly used demo with full warranty). It looked very nice so I bought it!

I never heard (and felt) anything like it.

It replaced a smaller M&K sub that I really liked because it was fast and did not sound "sloppy". Going to a much larger unit I was concerned that it would be less precise compared to my M&K sub. Well I had no reason to be concerned.

I put on the Starwars Episode II, turned up the volume and waited for the dolby digital logo to appear. When it did, only one word came to my mind - NICE!! (actually not that word, as I am not native enghlish speaking - which you probably noticed allready). The sound was massive.

I zapped through my favorite scenes of EP II and 5th Element. After that I was bleeding from my ears and my wife had left me. Need I say that I really really liked it?

Also listened to some music e.g. some early Tom Waits. His rythm section is using som outlandish instruments that has som very low frequency resonance. My old EPOS ES14 which is a really nice little speaker never got that right. Need I say that the FB 212 did it perfect? Lenny Kravitz (the old stuff) was also much fun.

The FB 212 had all the controls I needed and one I did not need. That Q-thingy really did no good in my room.

2. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    wow another fb212 owner, i thought i was the only 1!!! i too went from an m&k to this and foudn it Sooo much better its untrue. it sacrifices overall depth for control and is a better sub for it, altough at the price i think its a bargain! BTW, how much did you pay for it and does the amp buzz in it, mine does and am wondering if it was faulty or wether its normal? (i know a lot of subs do this and i can put up with it as its not too loud, better to get it fixed if i can though)

3. Snippermanden

Snippermanden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I wrote i paid 1.300 Euro thats about 900£.

When I first connected it i noticed a very subtle humming noise. As far as I recall it went away after few minutes.

I will double-check this evening though.