Monitor Audio Centre question

ScottishAndy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello!

In the middle of putting together my fist HT set-up - Picked up a Onkyo 674E for a good price :thumbsup: and now i'm looking at speakers...

I've decided on the MA RS6s at the front, and I've managed to get a really good deal on an ex-demo MA GRLCR. That said, before I take a plunge on the center, will my amp be able to handle it? I know it probably have enough grunt to do it full justice, but can anyone see huge problems with this pairing?

Grateful for any advice...

Andy

Your worried about the centre but not the rs6's? the amp will have plenty of power for these speakers no problem, there not really hard to drive being quite sensitive.

If you want to run to high volumes then be careful putting a speaker like the GR on a lower power cheaper amp.....at lower volumes it'll manage in the most basic sense......but once you ramp it up, there is a good chance anything less than most £1k amps will struggle to control it....

the newer GS version isnt quite such a problem, but still fares better on more powerful equipment...

if you are running floorstanders as well as a GR centre then i'd be doubly careful and before you launch in to a film at full pelt, use some music to test your volume limit......then back down a couple notches to be sure...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom