Monitor audio center speaker upgrade

RPT

I currently have a monitor audio Bronze BX between my MA Silver 200s. I was thinking of upgrading to the matching MA C150 silver centre, but looking at the specs, I can't see that much difference, especially as I paid £90 for my centre and a new one is over £300, including trade in. Is it worth it?

password1

The silver c150 is the better match for the silver 200 speakers.

You can't tell how a speaker sounds or matches the main speakers by looking at stats on paper.

Its not all about the quoted manufacturer's figures.

RPT

I get this, but it doesn't stand out and blends in fine, especially as they all have very similar tweeters.

Tharksha

No, They do not have similar tweeters. Silver series centre speaker work better with rest of your set up.

Stu75

You'll hear a difference.I'm using Bronze 5 but upgraded my centre to the Silver as dialogue is obviously a very important part of the system.....
Its an improvement.

RPT

You'll hear a difference.I'm using Bronze 5 but upgraded my centre to the Silver as dialogue is obviously a very important part of the system.....
Its an improvement.
£375 worth improvement?

password1

Diminishing returns.

You're not just paying for improved sound, you're paying for better quality finish, real wood veneer instead of vinyl, better quality binding posts, 20mm instead of 18mm thick MDF cabinet. Real wood finish a with varnish costs a lot more than vynil wrap. The silver costs more to manufacture.

grims dale

Just thought I'd pass this on there's a nice monitor audio silver 10 in real wood veneer on Facebook market place it's in Guildford they want £35 for it and it looks in excellent condition I think the colour is cherry

DrussTheLegend

Hope you are happy with it. for what its worth for down the line, I had an RSLCR (silver centre). BIG upgrade from my previous bronze series but later changed it to a C150 and was very dissapointed, was like a downgrade returned that and went with a C350 which is fantastic.

steve sph

The Silver C150 is a really good centre for the price and a great match for the 200 floorstanders - I had both for years in black oak and would still have if ungrade-itis hadn't taken hold.
In fact I've still got it somewhere - if you're interested in parting with £150 I'll try and dig out the warranty and box.

if mods want to move this to classifieds that's fine - apologies if it's in the wrong place

RPT

I've bought a M.A silver C150 and it's arrived today. I'll plug it in when i get home from work. I'll be very surprised if it's much different to my Bronze bx center.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I've bought a M.A silver C150 and it's arrived today. I'll plug it in when i get home from work. I'll be very surprised if it's much different to my Bronze bx center.

Run setup/room correction again and make manual changes if necessary. Few reviews have mentioned about the Silvers needing some good run in period, people have different opinions on that but keep us posted.

RPT

Run setup/room correction again and make manual changes if necessary. Few reviews have mentioned about the Silvers needing some good run in period, people have different opinions on that but keep us posted.
It's ex display so i think it might have had some use. So far ive noticed....it's 1 louder. 😄

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom