Question Monitor Audio BX2 5.1 speaker package?

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here using this? Recommended? Found a good deal and am going to demo at lunch time, just wondering if I can get some opinions on it before I do

Yes...sort of.

I have older MA Silver in-wall speakers for front L/C/R, but the technology in them has now largely tricked down to the Bronze series.

I have 4 of the BXFX for rears (it's a 7.1 set up).

It's absolutely smashing!

The one thing that's quite different, when I went looking for a subwoofer I found the MA Bronze isn't as good as you can get elsewhere for similar money (c.£450). I was initially going to get an SVS SB-1000 (same price, miles better) but was eventually persuaded to go a little higher and get the SVS SB-2000 for £200 more.

From RS you can buy the BX2s for £250, a BX centre for £150 and a pair of BX rears for £250 - that's £650. Add the SB1000 for £450 and the whole lot comes to £1,100.

I'd definitely recommend going down this route as opposed to buying the MA sub.

If you're ever in the Huddersfield, West Yorkshire area you should feel free to come and have a listen.

Steve W

Last edited:
Thanks Steve, appreciate the advice and the offer of a demo. I've just been and bought the BX2 5.1 set up from Richer Sounds though, I'm not sure if it's a misprice but this seemed like too good an offer to resist!!

Yamaha RXV677 & Monitor Audio BX2 5.1 | 5.1 Package System excluding DVD Player | Richer Sounds

I demo'd on lunch and bought straight away, they sound amazing! I didn't want to post the offer earlier in case RS got onto it and pulled the offer but transaction complete now at a mental £1,069 :D

Just for comparison's sake, the RXV677 is on their site for £549.95 and the BX 5.1 is £1079.00 so I've basically got the amp for free, plus a tenner off for being a VIP member. Happy Days!!!!

I know, pretty sure it's a misprice

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom