• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Monitor audio bronze

dlemon

Established Member
Hello guys looking a bit of advice, I have upgraded my receiver recently to the denon x4000 and currently running it with kef 3005se (eggs), my question is, I have an opportunity to get Monitor Audio bronze bx2 (5.1 package) at decent money, would this be a step up or just a sideways step, or any other recommendations would be appreciated
Thanks

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Just moving from compact Satellite speakers to full size bookshelf is itself a step up. Though, whether they meet your needs only you can tell.

Both these are pretty expensive speakers (relatively speaking) but I feel (and I admit my bias) that the upgrade is in the style of speaker, moving from Lifestyle compacts, to full sized full-range speakers.

The typical price on a full Monitor Audio BX2 5.1 system is about £1100/set.

The Kef 3005SE is currently running about £750 for a full 5.1 Set.

Again, I admit my bias, I just don't get tiny lifestyle satellite speakers. I guess there are times and places and circumstances that demand them, but I would have to be pretty desperate before I would consider them. But then, that's just me.

Keep in mind you would accomplish a very similar system with the new Wharfedale Diamond 100 series. The Diamond 122 which is roughly the equivalent of the Monitor Audio BX2 has a similar price, and a good system could be constructed at a pretty fair price.

£250/pr = Diamond 122 (Front)
£210/pr = Diamond 121 (Surrounds)
£207/ea = Diamond 101C (Center)
£315/ea = BK Electronics XLS-200 Sub
---------------------------------
£982 = Total

In my opinion, yes, moving to the Monitor Audio is a upgrade.

Steve/bluewizard

benjitb

Standard Member
It may be too late dlemon but i got the Bronze BX2 range and they are fantastic. I listened to the Wharf 121's vs the BX2's (in a 2.0 vs 2.0), they couldn't compare. BX2's can be got for £225 in some places.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom