Question Monitor Audio Bronze W10 Subwoofer -vs- SVS PB1000

stevelup

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've settled on the Bronze solution for my new living room, but I already have an SVS PB1000 subwoofer.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of the two of them. Clearly, the W10 will will be much more aesthetically pleasing than the SVS, but if it's a massive compromise on capability, I'll have to give it serious thought.

Looking at the specs you would be giving up a fair bit of extension by going for the W10. It has a low frequency of 30 hz (And the spec sheet doesn't say whether this is -3,-6, -10dB) whereas the PB1000 is good to around 19-20 hz. Really you would need to hear the W10 in your own room and setup.

Cheers, I think I'll hang on to the PB1000. May replace it with something else in the future, but it'll have to stay for now!

I am also currently setting up 5.1 surround with Monitor Audio WT280-IDC (Centre), Monitor Audio WT280 (front left and right), and speakercraft AIM5 three (rear left and right). I am in two minds if for subwoofer, I should go for Monitor Audio Bronze W10 or SVS PB1000 (given both are almost same price). Can any suggest which is better than the other (if it is the case)?

Also, I see SVS PB1000 has only a forward facing driver while the Bronze W10 has one bottom equal size auxiliary bass driver too (apart from the forward one), which might make it Bronze W10 a better option for 5.1 subwoofer. Can anyone please comment?

As per the posts above the PB1000 is a much more powerful sub making it far more suitable for 5.1 use. Remember the passive radiator just takes the place of a port which obviously the SVS has.

Thanks, has anyone tried using both? I somehow feel that the bottom facing driver should give a better feel while running low frequencies (even though spec says PB1000 can handle as low as 19hz while minimum for W10 is only 30hz. Though couple of responses here rate PB1000 better than W10, it will be good to hear more views if possible, before I can make my decision to go with PB1000. I have tried connecting W10 and very satisfied with it but I can still return and get PB1000 if it makes more sense (as both are almost same price). Please suggest

I've settled on the Bronze solution for my new living room, but I already have an SVS PB1000 subwoofer.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of the two of them. Clearly, the W10 will will be much more aesthetically pleasing than the SVS, but if it's a massive compromise on capability, I'll have to give it serious thought.

The MA is bringing a knife to a gun fight, it won't even be close in performance capabilities.

Tom V.

I am also currently setting up 5.1 surround with Monitor Audio WT280-IDC (Centre), Monitor Audio WT280 (front left and right), and speakercraft AIM5 three (rear left and right). I am in two minds if for subwoofer, I should go for Monitor Audio Bronze W10 or SVS PB1000 (given both are almost same price). Can any suggest which is better than the other (if it is the case)?

Also, I see SVS PB1000 has only a forward facing driver while the Bronze W10 has one bottom equal size auxiliary bass driver too (apart from the forward one), which might make it Bronze W10 a better option for 5.1 subwoofer. Can anyone please comment?

The MA is using a passive radiator. This is a port substitute. So it isn't two 10" drivers. It is one 10" driver with a PR. The PB10 is going to extend much deeper and have significantl;y more headroom(clean output).

Tom V.

Thanks, has anyone tried using both? I somehow feel that the bottom facing driver should give a better feel while running low frequencies (even though spec says PB1000 can handle as low as 19hz while minimum for W10 is only 30hz. Though couple of responses here rate PB1000 better than W10, it will be good to hear more views if possible, before I can make my decision to go with PB1000. I have tried connecting W10 and very satisfied with it but I can still return and get PB1000 if it makes more sense (as both are almost same price). Please suggest

Bottom facing vs front facing driver makes little to no difference.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom