Monitor Audio Bronze Fx

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by stuproberts, Sep 4, 2018.

1. stuproberts

stuproberts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi all,
    I'm after a bit of advice. I have a monitor audio bronze cinema package and I'm after some help with placement of the bronze fx. I have had to compromise with the good lady and have come up with 2 positions where i can place them. The 1st is on a rear wall and these can be placed at what would be described as the correct height (about 12 inches above ear height whilst in the seated position i think. If this is wrong it can be altered). The other is on the side wall but at about 6ft in height (they will be firing at each other and inline with the seating position). Which of the 2 position would give me the best possible outcome. Thanks for sticking with me whilst i waffled on.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  2. gibbsy

gibbsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,672
    Rear wall. If in the future you go for an Atmos layout then the FX will be at the right height. It is a bit difficult to fathom your actual side position so a sketch of both possible positions would be very helpful.

3. stuproberts

stuproberts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the enclosed pic will help. (I’m no Rembrandt lol).

Attached Files:

4. gibbsy

gibbsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,672
    I'll stand by my previous answer of the rears if a future Atmos upgrade is on the radar. However, in a standard 5.1 the side walls would work just as well, the only drawback on this position would be that they would be far too high for any Atmos configuration.

If you have a good amount of space behind the sofa, maybe over a metre, then the side walls would give a really good dispersion of the sound with the FX firing towards and away from you. With less than that distance the rear wall again would win out.

I really like my Atmos set up and have found that it has really increased my listening enjoyment especially so when using the upmixing of the newer receivers with Dolby Surround and DTS Neural breathing new life into 5.1 titles.

5. stuproberts

stuproberts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Many thanks for getting back to me. At the moment atmos is not on the horizon so I’m after as good a sound as I can get out of a 5.1 system. Have been told that side placement is best for bipole speakers but if I will get a better sound with them being at the rear (because of the compromise of being to high up on the sides) then I’m all for it. Again thanks for your reply