Monitor Audio bronze centre - install inside false wall?

wardyworld

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have auditioned and loved the monitor audio bronze range. I am building out the existing chimney breast with a wooden frame, to be plasterboarded and skimmed.

I want to mount the centre speaker inside the wooden frame so it's flush with the wall. Is this going to be ok, as in will the speaker be ok encased and hopefully not have negative effects on sound?

Cheers,

Adam

It will have a negative effect. Whether you can hear it is down to you. Lots of people sit their centre speaker in their AV unit but it's not ideal. Why not use proper in wall speakers if you're going to the trouble of building a wall?

It will have a negative effect. Whether you can hear it is down to you. Lots of people sit their centre speaker in their AV unit but it's not ideal. Why not use proper in wall speakers if you're going to the trouble of building a wall?
Thanks, any recommendations for a monitor audio in wall centre than will match the bronze centre?

Look I need MA Site. Under each in wall it tells you what it matches.

Thanks, it's my first time doing a proper install, balancing what I want and what the wife will accept means I am being Uber careful in picking what I want.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have a look on the monitor audio site and have a read up.

They list only single driver inwalls to match the bronze range, which will not keep up with the dual driver array of the bronze centre. Bit strange as they do them for models higher up, although the 8in single driver version would be good, but I doubt a tonal match.

Is it possible to go all in wall or do the left and right need to be bookshelf speakers?

Is it possible to go all in wall or do the left and right need to be bookshelf speakers?

As I'm building out the chimney breast, I can go in wall for the fronts and centre channel, wonder if this would be a better option? But I did love the bronze 6 floorstanders...

The other issue is making the wife happy with all this. She is ok with the floorstanding 6's at the front, but really doesnt want bookshelves on stands to the sides (lots of family kids visiting, and other wife reasons) so I might have to go with Bronze fx on the wall behind the sofa. There are also the atmos in ceilings to consider to match the setup.

I am getting a bit overwhelmed. thanks for the help

Adam

If you can go in wall for all the fronts then that would be very neat and today. I have BXFX at the moment although likely to sell in the future when I find some Silver FX at the right price. They'll work really well close to your sofa and have good wife approval. Have you considered on wall at teh front? I run Monitor Audio Apex, but you could also look at Radius or other brands.

If you can go in wall for all the fronts then that would be very neat and today. I have BXFX at the moment although likely to sell in the future when I find some Silver FX at the right price. They'll work really well close to your sofa and have good wife approval. Have you considered on wall at teh front? I run Monitor Audio Apex, but you could also look at Radius or other brands.
That's good to know about the rears, thanks, I will speak to the installer about that. I really have no choice to be honest so glad it will work well.

I will have a look at the monitor audio apex, I certainly could mount onto the extended chimney breast as this will be mostly 2 x 4 wooden battens and plasterboard, but also in wall would work too.

How is the tonal balance between the apex and your FX rears?

It's ok but I'm no audiophile. The silvers are meant to be a closer match to the apex, where as the bronze bxfx are meant to be closer to the radius I believe. I'll eventually swap them out but it's all done a bit at a time.

It's ok but I'm no audiophile. The silvers are meant to be a closer match to the apex, where as the bronze bxfx are meant to be closer to the radius I believe. I'll eventually swap them out but it's all done a bit at a time.

I'm looking at the apex range now, the speakers would fix most of my issues as I could mount the rears to the rear wall (away from the kids) and angle them so getting closer to the ideal setup for 5.1. they are also a lot more wife friendly being a style package.

They are a lot of money though, I must try and demo them!

They come up fairly regularly second hand and AudioVisualOnline also sometimes have BStock items with minor defects or ex demo that are 25-35% off rrp. I've had two off them and I couldn't find a mark on either. The final A40 I bought secondhand.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom