1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Audio Bronze BFX positioning?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by steve 111, Sep 24, 2004.

1. steve 111

steve 111
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Monitor Audios have arrived but I need some help in positioning the BFX rears. My room is 5m x 4m with my seating position approx. 1m in front of the back wall. I intend to wall mount the BFXs so do I mount on the back wall or on the side walls level with my seating position?

Normally I would mount on the back wall but as they are bi-pole units I think I should mount on the side wall. What do you think?

2. Benrudd1

Benrudd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Hi,

I would personally put them on the side walls, as you said level with your seating position.

I have wharfedale dfs bipole rears which I originally had on the back wall, I recently moved them to the sides and definately heard an improvement.

As a side question I assume you have all Monitor Audio bronze speakers. Which front's do you have and how are you getting on with them?
    I'm considering getting a set myself but don't like bright speakers, so what do you think?

3. IamAretailer

IamAretailer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I am surprised the store you brought the speakers from have not advised on a suitable position for them.

It is very hard to advise on suitable positions without having a good idea on the layout of the room. As a word of advice the BFX speakers can be positioned either behind in Bi-poler mode or to the sides in Di-pole mode. I have generally found that placeing the speakers to the rear is the better option, I would also try and get the speakers approx level with your seating position in terms of height.

4. steve 111

steve 111
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I only got them this weekend, and have so far not had the opportunity to give them a good go. Initial impressions though are they a significant step up from my Kef Eggs, and they are way better for music.