1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Audio Bronze B Centre?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Howard0000, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    As you can see I have a pair of MA Bronze B2s as my front speakers... I've been thinking lately about upgrading my centre speaker to the matching Bronze B Centre.... Damn this upgrade bug :suicide:

Anyway, has anyone heard/used/got this centre speaker, and what does it sound like? Will it be an improvement over my current centre? I would imagine it should sound weightier with the bigger drivers and probably better-built cabinet, giving voices a nicer life-like feel, but does anyone have any testimonials they could share?

2. Beastie Boy

Beastie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the B Centre to go with my B4 fronts. It seems to blend in perfectly with the B4s, even when turned up loud.

The construction is very good, and I have no complaints regarding sound quality either. I can't say whether it will be any better than your existing one, but it should at least match tonally.

Cheers, Beastie.

3. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Cheers for that.

What's the frequency response like? Do you have the size set to small or large? How do voices sound when you push it?

4. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would imagine the Bronze centre would be MUCH better than your Yamaha one. Especially as it will be matched. I wouldnt think twice. Just go for it.

5. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Lol. Yeah that's my thoughts.

More money!! :D

6. Beastie Boy

Beastie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to the spec, the frequency response is 60Hz - 22kHz. I have all my speakers set to small, regardless of frequency range, with a crossover of 80Hz. With 2 mid/low frequency cones, and a tweeter, I have yet to make this speaker struggle.

In summary, I am chuffed with my setup and recommend the speaker, especially as you have the B2 fronts.

Cheers, Beastie.