• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Monitor Audio Bronze 6 V 5

rudd843

Novice Member
At present I have a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 5 with the Centre and rear FX speakers to match with a REL 10003 Subwoofer being powered by a Yamaha RX-V685.

Although the Bronze 5 are a lovely musical speaker I feel they don't dig as low or have the bass of my old Mission speakers (M34 ) i believe, so would if i can find some swapping the Bronze % for a pair of Bronze 6 maybe fix this issue.

David Alexander

I’m in the same boat, Bronze 5 fronts and bronze centre along with 1003 sub as a 3.1 setup (Bronze fx and a 5.1 config waiting an imminent house move)

Looking at the M34 they look like they dig deeper than the Bronze 5's but from what I was led to believe this shouldn’t be an issue if pairing the bronze 5's with a sub as the bass will be taken up by the sub.

Anyway, before the move I got a pair of bronze 6 fronts at a good price from RS so I will run these bi amped with my AVR (which I’ve not done with the 5's) with either the 1003 or a XTZ 12.17 as sub in the new set up or at least as a comparison against the 5's.

The reason for the 5 to 6 move was as we don’t always run the sub so as a purely stereo set up I want the range of the 6's (and the cost of the 6's was too good to pass on).

What do you think you are missing with the 5's when paired with the 1003 as opposed to the M34's? We’re these run with a sub as well?

rudd843

Novice Member
Yes the M34 Were Run with a sub but it was the MA W10 which I've upgraded to the REL, maybe my issue is my room size as its a big room (lounge) which there in 16.8 +12.5+8

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom