Monitor Audio Bronze 6 - Treble Shy

Thanks guys Helix & Password for yours inputs :) If I would change the amplifier I like to choose Yamaha A-S1200 it cost 1990€ now. Hegel is out of my financial limit.
Do you think it will be significant upgrade let say to Monitor Audio Bronze 6 for now?

I have two systems now. First one is with Yamaha A-S701 and MA Bronze 6 and second one in my work room already mentioned Tenchnics SU-VX700 + Wharfdale 10.4 speakers.
I would sell old technics and move A-S701 to my work room and buy A-S1200 for living room. I would do this in the first step. :)

Tannoy XTF8 - are out of stock probably or they are discontinued? Very hard to find... They sound pretty crisp on high frequencies according youtube videos.

Monitor Audio Silver 500 - I just like the sound of my MA Bronze 6 only missing a little more present higher frequency treble. Therefore I have asked if SILVER series has better or different treble section.

Dali Opticon 8 MK2 - They looks good what I heard on youtube. They are bigger than Opticon 6 probably more suited into my 48m2 living room.

Focal 926 or 936 - They did not like me over youtube presentation.

Here is a nice comparison MA Silver 500 and Tannoy XTF8 how it sound to you guys? Both sounds different :) :) Tannoy a bit thin... Silver 500 slightly fuller sound...

Dali Opticon 8 seems like a good compromise between Silver 500 and XTF8 but there is a few videos on youtube. I know is better one time listen on own ears than 10 times on youtube.

Tannoy are very neutral speakers, need an amplifier with a warm sound.
Rega, Marantz, Arcam, Nad etc.

YouTube videos can only give you so much, you need too listen to the speakers, amplifiers you want/end up buying.

In the end what me and @password1 says are only suggesting...

As mentioned you can have an entirely different view on sound then me.

Here’s an idea, try and borrow an amplifier from the store, different model then Yamaha, you never know it may work better with the current MA speakers. Try Rotel as an example.

TBH I think that Yamaha is overkill for the Bronze. I had the bookshelf version (bronze 2) with a Marantz PM5005 and Cambridge Audio Azur 540 (£200 amps).

I thought buy the yamaha for near future. Better speakers like Opticon 8 or something more lively :)

I thought buy the yamaha for near future. Better speakers like Opticon 8 or something more lively :)
Yamaha AS1200 with Opticon 8 you mean? If so that is very good combination. Btw, more lively sound, Rotel may work with your current MA speakers. Rotel has sparkle in midrange/upper treble, neutral deep bass.

Yes Helix, combo AS1200 plus Opticon 8. If rotel has sparkle upper frequency it would be quite good match with MA bronze 6. I never heard any Rotel Amp so I don't know his characteristic.

Yes Helix, combo AS1200 plus Opticon 8. If rotel has sparkle upper frequency it would be quite good match with MA bronze 6. I never heard any Rotel Amp so I don't know his characteristic.

The new Rotel A14 MK2 has gotten great reviews here on the forum. It has been awhile my self since I’ve listed to Rotel also. But the sound was very engaging with out being too sterile sounding.

Check out the Rotel 14 MK2 online. The build quality is outstanding.

Thanks so much for hint :) I'm going studies reviews...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom