Question Monitor Audio Bronze 6 - 'large' or 'small'

Ryan J

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 6's (bx6) to act as surround left/right speakers in a 5.1 setup with a Velodyne CHT-10 subwoofer.

Using a Denon AVR-1905 receiver and wondering whether I should set the speakers as 'large' or 'small'. From what I understand, 'large' will mean that low frequencies are sent to both the subwoofer and the speakers but 'small' will only send bass to the subwoofer.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Probably best setting to small and then trying the crossover points at various levels to see how it sounds.
Most people will start at around 80hz for crossover and maybe take it up a notch or two depending on your sound preference.

As above, the general advice once you have a sub is to set all speakers to small.

Probably best setting to small and then trying the crossover points at various levels to see how it sounds.
Most people will start at around 80hz for crossover and maybe take it up a notch or two depending on your sound preference.
As above, the general advice once you have a sub is to set all speakers to small.

Thanks guys, sounds good with all speakers set to small and 80hz crossover. Although, I'm starting to wonder if bx6's are a bit wasted as surround speakers - might move them up front and buy some smaller surround speakers.

Floorstanders are not normally recommended for surrounds as they tend to be too low and you do not need the full range either. A standmount like the bx1 or bx2 would be ideal.

Floorstanders are not normally recommended for surrounds as they tend to be too low and you do not need the full range either. A standmount like the bx1 or bx2 would be ideal.

Yeah, I can put these up front and then get some bx1/bx2/bxfx for surrounds. Any idea which would sound best and how significant the improvement would be?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom