Monitor Audio Bronze 50s

New Forester

My media room is just 11ft by 10ft. I have a Sugden/Spendor combo for music across the room. For TV/DVDs/Blu-ray down the room I also used to have standmount Spendors and another Sugden amp. Last year I decided to simplify by replacing the latter with a Ruark R5. It’s an excellent one box performer but I really missed the wider sound stage provided by an amp and separate speakers. To have bought new equivalent Sugden and Spendors would have cost close to £4000. Mindful of the room size and the limited use I make of TV/Concerts and films compared with my main music system I decided to opt for a much cheaper system. So I bought a Marantz PM 6007 and paired it with Monitor Audio Bronze 50s. Total outlay £628. After several days I can only say wow! I have proved that for my old ears I don’t need to spend a lot for great sound in my size of room. I was concerned that positioning the speakers close to walls and corners would result in base booming. I need not have worried. I’m listening now to Black Sabbath’s last concert Blu-ray and the base is just perfect for me. Before buying the Bronze 50s I spoke to MA directly and the guy said he thought they would be right for my room and positioning. He was right!

Just thought I’d share my thoughts.

DSC_0002.jpeg

Last edited:

New Forester

Good to see you like your new setup.

I must ask, what's the story behind all the bells?
One of my many retirement projects. I visited a bell foundry on a trip to France many years ago and decided to study the history of bells. One thing led to another. Take a look at my blog. Can be a bit difficult to follow but worth taking the trouble if you are interested. While listening to music I get great joy glancing at the bells and recalling the story behind their addition to the collection. Many very long trips involved!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom