Monitor Audio - Bronze 5 for AV?

duckson

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question!
I have some Monitor Audio Bronze BR5 floorstanders from 2010 and one speaker is damaged (blown or damaged by kids!!) and I was looking to replace them with some used BR5’s (spare parts are none existent) however I’ve seen some Bronze 5’s (few years old), can they be used for AV purposes or are they for hifi/music use?
Is there a difference?

Thanks.

@duckson The Bronze 5 are really nice speakers and great for AV. You should be able to pick up the Bronze Centre of the same range cheaply on eBay, and that was a cracking centre. That Bronze range all around were very good.

Thanks. Could I use my Bronze centre from 2010 or do I really need to match it with a Bronze of this later version?

Sure you can use it although it has some lower technology (MMP II) used in drivers and elsewhere, but i believe they have similar sound signature still so no issue there especially if you are happy how it sounds!

Bronze BR (2006-2010)
Bronze BX (2010-2015)
Bronze 5G (The mains you buying)
Bronze 6G (latest in stores now)

Hi,

I've had a pair of Monitor Bronze 5s for between 2 and 3 years. I would say they are fine for AV, but they are a bit light in the bass department. In my front room, the bass went down to around 42Hz before dropping off to nearly inaudible at around 35Hz. This will vary depending on your setup. That's fine for me, at least for music, but if you are using these for movies, a subwoofer is definitely required. You get the impression of bass, but the bass is not felt. No trouser flapping with the Bronze 5s. I recently upgraded to the Silver 200s, but the Bronze 5s still hold their own, even against a speaker twice their price. The new Monitor Bronze range has not impressed me. MA missed the mark with these, sadly. If you can get a good deal, I'd grad them.

Maybe a stupid question!
I have some Monitor Audio Bronze BR5 floorstanders from 2010 and one speaker is damaged (blown or damaged by kids!!) and I was looking to replace them with some used BR5’s (spare parts are none existent) however I’ve seen some Bronze 5’s (few years old), can they be used for AV purposes or are they for hifi/music use?
Is there a difference?

Thanks.
Check out the AVForum speaker classifieds ;)

No worries. Yes, I have them on Ebay too, although I took them off and put them back on due to a timewaster. I'd prefer to sell them on AVForums, as the buyer gets a better deal (Ebay take 10% commission, including on postage). I hope you are enjoying your speakers. Take care...

Sure you can use it although it has some lower technology (MMP II) used in drivers and elsewhere, but i believe they have similar sound signature still so no issue there especially if you are happy how it sounds!

Bronze BR (2006-2010)
Bronze BX (2010-2015)
Bronze 5G (The mains you buying)
Bronze 6G (latest in stores now)
I think the Bronze B, BR, MR, Monitor 3g and 4g have MMP2 cones whilst the Bronze BX and 5g have C cam cones.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom