Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 Speaker Package Review & Comments

Thanks for the review Ed. Assuming a similar price point (and a 3rd party sub like BK for both instead of their own subs) you'd rate the Bronze speakers higher than the Dali Zensors you reviewed earlier, for film material and stereo music?

Thanks for the review Ed. Assuming a similar price point (and a 3rd party sub like BK for both instead of their own subs) you'd rate the Bronze speakers higher than the Dali Zensors you reviewed earlier, for film material and stereo music?
I`d also be interested in seeing how these compare, I`ve had my eye on some Dali Zensors for a while now.
I`ve had a set of monitor audio bronze speakers (BR2) for the past few years and was considering upgrading/replacing these. I think I might just add a pair of the rear FX speakers to go from 5.1 to 7.1) and just upgrade the sub. I love the aesthetics of these :)

If film and TV is 50% or more of what you intend to do with the speakers, the MA has the edge as far as I'm concerned. The Dalis are excellent but as an AV pack, this is really very good indeed.

Thanks Ed, I have a separate stereo amp and speakers for my music, my existing monitor audio bronze speakers are in my cinema room so I might be tempted to upgrade these based on this review:) (I`ll simply place my existing ones in my living room)

Nice review. I heard the Bronze 6 and was truly impressed, so I was curious about the performance of the bookshelf sibling...

About the finishes available: true there is no light wood, but they are available in white, which is also very nice.

Ed, as a matter of curiosity, what did you have the front channels (Bronze 2's) crossed over at? Typical 80hz?

A huge thanks Ed for a great review.

I have been thinking about replacing my trusty 15 year old Monitor Audio silver 3i bookshelf speakers, that I use as rear surrounds for some time now.

My 3i's are placed on the side walls of my garage conversion cinema room, approxiately 2.5 feet above seated head height (far from ideal for a 5.1 home cinema system but I have to live with it !). I think a pair of these Bronze FX speakers will be superb for me, and I hope they will really create an improved dispursed surround sound field.

I will be driving these with my Denon AVR X2200w

James :):thumbsup:

How bad are bronze fx on stands? Really want them but think stand mounting is my only option. Will they be awful?

Sorry, missed the notification on this. I didn't mean the Bronze FX looks odd - I think it looks fine, and will be using them in my new room. What I meant was, I think they will look odd on speaker stands. They really are meant for wall mounting!

I have a MA Bronze 5.1 setup for my M/C system, primarily used for M/C SACD. Great sound and amazing value! I have bi-amped BX5's, with BX1 serving the rear two channels. I used to own the FX for the rears, but sold them in preference for the BX1's. Di-pole speakers in the rear are no good for music.

Whilst the Bronze range are a nice easy load for virtually any AV receiver, they do get better with a more capable receiver, and it's nice to see a review for a package like this with the sort of receiver they deserve (any of the Aventage models will be fine) rather than the usual £500 models. This is something I constantly try to get across on forums - the majority of people with an AV system are using an insufficient receiver to get the best from their speakers, and in doing so, never get to hear what their speakers are really capable of, particularly as they end up being disappointed with their system, get advice from people who think they know what they're doing, and end up upgrading the speakers...

I have an Anthem MRX510, so should be OK...

I've posted in the subwoofer forum seeking feedback on whether to keep my SVS PB1000 or swap it for the Bronze W10. Clearly the latter will be cosmetically better. Do you have an opinion?

What are people's thoughts on upgrading to this with Bronze 5 fronts from a Wharfedale 9.1 system while keeping my XLS200-DF on bass duties? Would also upgrade my AV receiver from the old Onkyo. (all in sig below)

I'd be going from standmount fronts to floorstandards, but I think the biggest upgrade might be the rears as the 9.1 rears on stands don't work in my set-up due to rear/side space constraints.

Worthwhile upgrade, or aim to spend double on my old speakers?

For the price the Bronzes go, there is little to wish for. Nice open sound and I think they will be an upgrade for your wharfedales... The advice is: go to a shop and try to listen to them - then decide.

Hi, guys what should I use for 7.1 setup ?
Another FX or should I go with bronze 1,2?
What is the best combination ?
Thanks

Personal preference, but I'd recommend the Bronze 1 or 2 as rears, and use the FX for sides.
Hi,
I already got a second pair of FX , it is a wall mounted Will save some money on a stands. But yeah I think bronze one or two would be better . Cheers

I own Silver 2 as fronts. Awesome speakers. I was saving some money for the Silver 8 but this new Bronze 6 is nearly the same as Silver 8. Except Silver 8 have a dedicated midrange. But this Bronze 6 is mid bass/midrange. And for the price I believe I will buy this Bronze 6 for fronts. I believe they should sounds bit better than Silver 2 for fronts. I wish if someone has tested Silver 6 vs Bronze 6. And Silver 8 vs Bronze 6!

I own Silver 2 as fronts. Awesome speakers. I was saving some money for the Silver 8 but this new Bronze 6 is nearly the same as Silver 8. Except Silver 8 have a dedicated midrange. But this Bronze 6 is mid bass/midrange. And for the price I believe I will buy this Bronze 6 for fronts. I believe they should sounds bit better than Silver 2 for fronts. I wish if someone has tested Silver 6 vs Bronze 6. And Silver 8 vs Bronze 6!
I also have Cambridge Audio Aero fronts and they sound better than bronze 5 And I bought bronse as an upgrade :(

Oh wow. Thats so sad and sad for me too!! Im expecting an upgrade... Then seems I should stick with Silver 6 o 8? I read excellent reviews about Bronze 6. Didnt heard anything about Bronze5 yet. Lets see if more people reply about this ....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom