For Sale Monitor Audio Bronze 3.1/ 5.1/ 7.1 Speaker Package Bronze 5 Floorstanders Centre W10 Subwoofer Black

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by fallinlight, Feb 5, 2018.

1. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +369
    Monitor Audio Bronze 3.1/ 5.1/ 7.1 Speaker Package Bronze 5 Floorstanders + Centre + W10 Subwoofer Black Oak

It's time for my next upgrade and for sale is my much loved Bronze 5 5.1 speaker system. Please note it is just a 3.1 included in the asking price, but am also selling additional speakers to make up a 5.1, 5.1.2, 7.1 or 7.1.2 system. This system if the culmination of a lot of time, research and effort and has been the very best I have ever had my home cinema sounding.

The following are included in my asking price of £850.00. I've split it into a 3.1 + additional speakers to allow the buyer flexibility with choosing their surrounds.

Monitor Audio Bronze 5 PAIR Black Oak - purchased NEW from Exceptional AV Nov 17, full warranty
    Monitor Audio Bronze Centre Black Oak - purchased NEW from Exceptional AV Nov 17, full warranty
    Monitor Audio W10 Subwoofer Black Oak - purchased NEW from Exceptional AV Nov 17, full warranty

Condition:

All speakers are as new, recently purchased and include their full warranty. No packaging. With accessories (spikes, plinths and grill baffles) and manuals. The additional pair of Bronze 5s are missing 2x black and 2x red buttons for binding posts, but this is a very minor and not needed at all for function.

Additional Speakers:

I also have another pair of matching Monitor Audio Bronze 5 Black Oak + Bronze 1 PAIR black oak, if you want to add either to make a 5.1.2, 7.1.2 or 7.1 system. If so, I will accept the following on top of my asking price for the above:

- Additional Monitor Audio Bronze 5 Floorstanders PAIR Black Oak - £350 - purchased second-hand from first owner (who purchased it early 2017), full warranty
    - Monitor Audio Bronze 1 PAIR Black Oak - £100 - purchased NEW Exceptional AV Nov 17
    - PSB Imagine XA Dolby Atmos Modules PAIR - £225 - purchased NEW from Sevenoaks Jan 18, full warranty

RRP: Current RRP for the 3.1 set individually is currently approx £1207.00, or approx £2284.00 for the full 7.1.2 set.

Notes:

1. PSB Imagine XA Dolby Atmos Modules PAIR has a slight, small chip to back top corner of veneer.

2. It is worth noting that I just tried the Silver 300 + C350 Centre (you can find my comments about them on a couple threads) and whilst I did note improved stereo performance, in surround sound, after extensive close and in depth testing, my friend and I could note but a few very minor differences in performance. And this is paired with the flagship Yamaha A3070. And in fact, in my room, the Bronze 5s sounded better. Silvers are being returned today.

It has been noted by a few on AVS and avforums that there is really not much between the Bronze 5s and last years and this years Silvers, especially for home theater. It really goes to show just how great these speakers are and I only truly realised why they are so highly revered and awarded, after comparing them to the Silvers. Please note, this is my personal opinion. Would have gladly kept this system.

It became apparent that I need to jump much further up the price ladder to best the Bronze 5s. Thus, I have figured out and planned my next upgrade, which are to be the Kef R500s x 2 pairs, R200C or R600C, R300 and SVS SB2000. Needless to say, this will also newly accommodate a power amp into my chain, being an Emotiva, Parasound, Cyrus or the like. This sale is to help part fund/ re-coup funds for this upgrade.

3. I personally and highly recommend going all floorstanders - tweeters all at ear level - in any surround set up, and is now my personal favourite way to build a system, having only ever used bookshelves as rears, 2 - 3 feet above ear level, for years. It is truly the ideal, for me. The quality and coherence of soundstage, immersion and wow factor for me, is unmatched. Again, this system is the culmination of a lot of time, research and effort and has been the very best I have ever had my home cinema sounding. It's been extremely fun.

From a smoke and pet free home.

Thanks for looking

Price and currency: 850
    Delivery: Goods must be exchanged in person
    Payment method: Bank transfer, PayPal
    Advertised elsewhere?: Advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  2. Sgoaty

Sgoaty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hi I'd be interested in the bronze 1s if you are willing to sell them separately.
    Thanks
    Scott

3. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +369
    Good morning Scott, yes, happy to do the Bronze 1s for £100 collected, or, £125 delivered to the mainland (tracked but not insured, which would cost extra).

4. Sgoaty

Sgoaty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Excellent. Would you mind uploading a couple of photos of them please? Also would you be open to me arranging my own courrier?
    Thanks

5. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +369
    Yes, your own carrier is preferred, actually. But would have to be a weekend, or sometime later this week, when I stay in for my Kefs. Please note, I have no packaging. Unless you wanted to fund this. I would have sourced something myself from the £25 extra.

Yes, of course, please see photos, below.

Attached Files:

6. Sgoaty

Sgoaty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    They look great. Would you do £120 all in? I'm in no major hurry as I'm away from home at the moment.

7. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +369
    Thank you, I'll have a think and let you know shortly.

8. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +369
    Hi Scott, I've had a think, checking the speakers over, and I don't feel confident posting them in non-original packaging. It would take some time to purchase packaging, too. So, am withdrawing my offer to post, and sticking to collection only, for now. If this changes, I will let you know, kind thanks.

9. Sgoaty

Sgoaty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    OK, better safe than sorry if you change your mind the offer is still there.

10. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +369
    Archiving thread and re-listing with revisions and as a 7.1.4 set that can be split.