• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Monitor Audio BR6 question

redspider

Standard Member
Hello! I decided to drop the idea of buying a pair of CW (couldn`t even find them anymore in my country). So I finally found a local dealer that would let me audit some speakers and totally loved the Monitor Audio BR5 but I would like a bit more base... so I figured the Monitor Audio Br6`s would be a perfect choice, the only problem is that the dealer told me they are 4 ohms and my receiver (a Pioneer RVX-819H-K) is rated 6-16 ohms. Normally I would leave it like so but I noticed that on the official UK site MA says that the BR6`s are 6 ohms and on the USA site they say that the same BR6`s are 4 ohms, beside that another dealer told me that they are 6 ohms which would be perfect :D .

So what do you guys think?? Will a pair of MA BR6 work with a Pioneer RVX-819H-K receiver ??

If not,which would be a good choice, a pair of Mission M34i, a pair of System Fidelity SF-4050 or a pair of Magnat Quantu 507??

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom