Question Monitor Audio BR5's quality issues drivers

wagambo

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Bronze BR5 - purchased 2010 - where there the "front surround suspension" is coming off the cone on the mid and bass drivers, on both speakers; These speakers have been looked after - no sun exposure or too high a sound level - and I am a bit disappointed that the quality of the drivers isn't better and i believe this is a product quality issue.
Does anybody else have quality issues with Monitor Audio Bronze speakers?

Contacted Monitor Audio and got response within a day - however no spare bass drivers available:-(
I know these speaks are relatively old but still don't expect this to happen. No doubt, i will be thinking about that when i buy replacement speakers...

picture example

Attachments

• IMG_5647.jpg
    IMG_5647.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 293
Wilmslow audio does some repair kits.
Not easy to do right though! be warned.
But possible.

thanks Ken, appreciate the feedback......was pointed towards Wilmslow by Monitor Audio BUT haven't got the bass drivers. too much hassle - driers difficult to match and outside design tricky to match too. made my peace with the situation , still wont buy Monitor Audios anymore.

Wagambo, I'm in a similar boat. Ten days ago my son damaged one of my BR5s playing heavy bass at high volume. The voice call actually tore off the spider and the cone adhesive failed in parts of the surround. I too called Monitor Audio who said they had no spares anymore, and Wilmslow Audio who said they can't repair those units. Monitor Audio support have tried to help but without spares, there's little that can be done. Like yourself, I'm looking at moving away from Monitor Audio to someone who keeps a better stock of spares! It's a real pain for me as it's one woofer gone in a whole MA 5.1 surround setup, so I'll be replacing at least the floorstanders and centre just because of a lack of spares and a design that doesn't lend itself to repairs. Very frustrating.

I have a pair of Bronze BR5 - purchased 2010 - where there the "front surround suspension" is coming off the cone on the mid and bass drivers, on both speakers; These speakers have been looked after - no sun exposure or too high a sound level - and I am a bit disappointed that the quality of the drivers isn't better and i believe this is a product quality issue.
Does anybody else have quality issues with Monitor Audio Bronze speakers?

Contacted Monitor Audio and got response within a day - however no spare bass drivers available:-(
I know these speaks are relatively old but still don't expect this to happen. No doubt, i will be thinking about that when i buy replacement speakers...

Yes, similar issue, the spider on one of the bass woofer from the loudspeakers - BR5 is damaged. No repair, no replacement from Monitor Audio, very disappointing. Well taking care of speakers.
This is surely a product quality issue since is on a place that i did not touch ever on the speaker and failed after just few years of use.
Never Monitor Audio again!

In fairness a lot of companies only carry spares for a limited time, particularly if they do a huge product range. I did deal with the Bronze series in a dealership for quite a few years and never came across a single quality problem with them. I'm not sticking up for them as I know it's disappointing when a product can't be repaired after 10 years or thereabouts.
Try getting a 10 year old mobile phone fixed! :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom