Monitor Audio BFX cable setup question

RumbleBee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Last year I purchased the Monitor Audio Bronze BFX speakers to acompany my Bronze fronts and Yamaha RX-V1400 Receiver.

Now this may seem silly, but I took them off the wall to redecorate and am confused as can be as to how I rig them backup. Basically I've got the 2 speaker cables hanging out the wall ready to plug in, but the back of the BFX has 4 sockets (and 2 small wires) I'm sure any BFX owners will know what I'm talking about.

I use this in a 5.1 setup with the speakers on the rear wall (Sofa on the rear wall too)

Please can anyone assist in connecting these correctly. Dipole or Bipole. I don't know which was setup previously.
Don't want to cause any problems by wiring them incorrectly. I've emailed MA, but no reply as yet.

I've got these speakers in the same room setup as yours. Set to Bipole is best for rear wall use. Use the small(jumper) wire to connect top red+ to bottom red+ and other jumper wire to connect top black- to bottom black-

If still unsure I think Monitor audio website has info on configuration or you could call them. But its really simple as explained above.

Dipole is really best when used on side walls.

Thanks for that. I'll set them up that way now. Does it matter which plug (top/bottom) I connect the speaker cable to. I presume it makes no differance

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom