Question Monitor Audio B5 5.1

rriisshhii

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

A (quick) question. I'm delving into the wonderful world of 'proper' speakers for the first time, coming from a very budget HTIB.

My budget for the 5.1 is £1500 and is for a 3.9x3.7, carpeted room.

I'll be getting the LG B7 or C7 (I prefer the black trim of the C7).

A little about my listening habits. I'm a layman. I use my PS4, Spotify and will likely be getting Sky Q. At some point I may get a BD player.

After testing Dali Zensor 3/ 1/ Vokal and Monitor Audio 2/ FX/ Centre, with the Sony STR-DN1080, I came to the conclusion that I preferred the Dalis a little more, but for my lounge, the MAs would work better so I went for those (sofa against the back wall with the FX wall mounted). I was then able to price match the Bronze B5 system with the Sony DN1080 to £1525.

The MA B5 also satisfies the S/O as she prefers their look.

In my mind, this feels like an amazing bargain, because the B5 system is £1486 everywhere.

If I'm able, I may cancel the W10 sub and go for a BK XLS400.

So what I'm getting at, does this package seem to be a good deal value wise, and can I top it at the same price, or lower?

Seems like a good deal and I can not see you beating it in terms of the price you have paid to be honest.

At this time it’s a great deal. There were similar priced deals on higher end amps from last years range about 2 months back but they seem to have all been sold now.

I’d perhaps try the Bronze on the comparable Denon (2400?) and see if you prefer that sound vs the Sony?

The ‘deal’ can be as low as zero and not that relevant if you don’t enjoy the system - you will know if you have a great deal once the system is installed and fine tuned.

Joe

Thanks everyone. Whilst I'm happy with the speakers, I'll still be looking at a different AVR.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom