1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Audio B4 AV

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mce01, Dec 4, 2003.

1. mce01

mce01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am consider buying the Monitor Audio B4 AV speaker system and was wondering if anyone on the board has experience with this or other MA setups.

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    The MA B4 setup is not bad but can be a little uncontrolled in the bass regions. You might want to consider the Acoustic Energy Evo3B package although with a different sub, perhaps the REL Q150 or the MJ Ref 100.

3. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have the Monitor Audio Gold Reference 10's and the centre (will try to get the Gold Ref FX rears when I can) - absolutely superb speakers as you might expect considering these are their flagship range.

From what I've read, the Silver and Bronze range are also very well regarded. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with Monitor Audio.

On the sub side, it might be worth looking at a better model but I would imagine it probably stands it's ground at £250 - you also have the aesthetic side of things - matching veneers etc.

Also, looking at the size of the main speakers in this package, I wouldn't have thought you would be using the sub for music (i.e. if it's not quite tight/fast enough for music then this might not matter so much).

What you could consider doing, to increase available funds for a better sub, would be to go for the B2 package (less the sub) and then go for a different sub. The problem is that you generally get a better deal when buying the whole package rather than splitting it.

On balance, I'd say go for the complete B4 package.

Matt.