1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Audio B2 - good for movies?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by overfloe, Sep 17, 2003.

1. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Planning to buy a pair, but I don't know how good are they with movies.. anybody care to share your oppinions? :clap:

2. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    Hi, I've upgraded all my speakers over the last month and the review in 'What Hi-Fi' for these speakers is what convinced me to do so.

So i arranged an audtion at 7oaks Hifi, with the B2's and a Bronze Centre and Bronze Rears, when i arrived at the store they informed my they only had the Silver centre!! So i ending audtion the B2's with this centre, the truth being the silver centre just seem to handle the low frequencies much better than the 2 B2 speakers either side. In the end i expanded my budget a bit:rolleyes: , and tried out the S1 and S2 speakers, of which i preferred the S1's, just felt more controlled and sweeter to my ear.

So while i can recommend the B2's, they had a great sounding treble(MA Specialilty!!) and a real warmth to them. We all have a budget to keep to:nono: , but in my opinion the S1's are well worth the extra and you get £30 worth of free speaker cable as well at 7oaks:smashin: